Thursday, October 10, 2013

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews



Title:  Magic Strikes  
Author: Ilona Andrews
My Rating: A+

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Kate Daniels #3
Release Date: March 2009
Main Characters: Kate and Curran
Publisher: Ace
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: mild

Story Overview:
When magic strikes and Atlanta goes to pieces, it’s a job for Kate Daniels… 

Drafted into working for the Order of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with these days. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that’s saying a lot.

But when Kate's werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games—an invitation only, no holds barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament—she and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta's shapeshifting community…

My Review:
*sigh* I really do love this series and it's killing me that I have other things I need to be doing besides sitting down and devouring the entire series in one huge reading jaunt. Why do I need to have a real life?? Hehe. But anyway, it's been a few weeks since I read the first two books in the series and I had already forgotten just how good these books are. Kate Daniels has got to be one of the best UF chicks around...seriously, I love her!! 

And I love her even more after this book because despite trying to not make connections with other people, she has...and in a big way. Her circle of friends and people she loves just keeps getting bigger and while they are all extremely tough in their own rights, she is still trying to protect every one of them. LOVE. HER!

In this book, Kate and the crew are infiltrating an underground fight tournament. It requires seven fighters so they are all involved. I started this book late at night and by 25% in knew I wasn't going to be going to bed. The action starts early and it gets progressively more and more intense. It was so good! 

The scenes between Curran and her...sizzling. Wow, something's gotta give there soon. 

The scenes between Derek and her...heartbreaking. What happens to him in this book. *sob*

The scenes between Jim and her...intense. I liked the added development to their story in this one.

The scenes between Julie and her....aww. I LOVED what Kate and Raphael did for her. So sweet and awesome!!

The scenes between Raphael and Andrea...wow! That girl has some serious self-control.

Other characters....Doolittle, Saiman...I love how they are becoming more and more integral to the stories. 

Everything about this book was good. I'm DYING because book 4 is sitting right here in front of me and I want to read it so bad, but I have *chores* to do first. Not fair.... But it is good incentive to get them done quickly. 


1 comment:

Felicia S said...

Screw the chores LOL :)