Friday, October 11, 2013

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews



Title: Magic Bleeds
Author: Ilona Andrews
My Rating: A+

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Series: Kate Daniels #4
Main Characters: Kate Daniels
Release Date: May 2010
Publisher: Ace
Purchase Links: 
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Kate Daniels keeps the peace in Atlanta for the Order, humans caught between the vampire controlling People led by her biological father and best kept secret, Roland, and the shape-shifter Pack, led by her mate-to-be Curran, the Lord of the Beasts. But her look-alike aunt Erra, Babylon's god of chaos and terror, has come to town controlling seven naked warriors: Deluge (flood water), Tremor (earth quake), Gale (hurricane wind), Torch (fire inferno), Venom (disease poison), Beast (animal monster), and Darkness (overpowering dread).

My Review:
This book starts with a prologue which IMMEDIATELY throws you into the emotional wringer that is this book. I LOVED that!!

And this book is emotional. The situation between Curran and Kate has been heating up. In fact, things were looking really good between them, then the prologue happened. *sob* And of course, where there is romance, there is misunderstandings. There are a ton of those, too. It takes a good portion of the book for things to begin to straighten out and in the midst of all that is Kate, knowing that she needs to confess her secret to Curran...for his safety and the safety of the pack. I ADORED his reaction when she finally did tell him. *happy sigh*

I love these two together. I love how tough it is for Curran to allow her to go her own way...that just isn't the way for an alpha shapeshifter, but he loves her. Him compromising is one of the most attractive characteristics for a hero....LOVE! He gets her and what makes her tick...most of the time. I love how vulnerable Kate feels because of her feelings for him. She knows that by caring, she's open herself up to a world of hurt...from so many different directions. She doesn't like that vulnerability, but decides he's worth it. LOVE...again!

This book may be an Urban Fantasy, but the romantic side of the story made my heart melt. It was done so well with so much incredible emotion. It was just beautiful...all the way around. I wasn't as big of a fan of the threat against them, but I think that's just because my focus stays on Roland and what he's going to do. As a reader, you know it's going to be crazy. But overall, this book hit all the right buttons for me. I loved it!

Note: this is absolutely my favorite cover from the series, too. Just gorgeous!

No comments: