Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Taste of Humanity by Sheila Stewart


Title:  A Taste of Humanity 
Author: Shiela Stewart
My Rating: B

Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Series: 1NS
Release Date: August 2011
Main Characters: Penny and Cade
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
One night of passion could be lethal!

Wanting some excitement in her life, Penny Parker heads to Vegas. She’s hoping the guy Madame Evangeline has set her up with will give her more than a thrill.

Cade O’Donnell is a virgin…of sorts. Wanting something he’s never had before, he signs up for the 1NightStand service. Deciding to meet his match in Vegas seems the right setting for his tryst. What better place to have a fling than in Sin City.

Thrills are abundant when Penny and Cade get together. But will it be more than she bargained for? Has Cade bitten off more than he can chew?


My Review:
This novella was intriguing just because, as the reader, you know there is something different about Cade. You just don't know what exactly that is. 

In the meantime, he is truly romancing Penny...showing her all the sights and fun there is to be had in Las Vegas. I liked that part of the book...the fact that he wanted to connect with her on more than just a sexual level. I know in part, that was so she wouldn't freak out when she found out his secret, but it helped to actually see him as a nice guy.

And the book reads like a mini-vacay for the reader, too. I've never been to Vegas, but was definitely enjoying my time as an armchair traveler in this one. I'm not a reader that likes a lot of description, but Sheila Stewart struck the perfect balance so that I felt like I was along with Penny experiencing all the glamour to be found in Vegas.

There is a slight paranormal aspect to the story, but it's definitely not over the top at all. I liked the little twist. It made this book something a bit different and was an enjoyable, quick read.


All this week, Decadent is celebrating the birthday of their 1NS imprint. I will be hostessing and reviewing 1NS books all week long, too. Join in the celebration!