Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday TBR Check-In (#1)

Good morning all. 
I discovered something when I set up my new reading area in my bedroom. 
I have TOO MANY books in my TBR. 
The problem with that is that I continue to buy books and at the rate I'm going, I'm never going to make any headway.

So, Sunday TBR Check-In's will be just that.
This is the day I'm accountable for the books that I buy each week. 
I'm only allowed 3 books a week (those include review books)...so that I can make some headway on my ever-burgeoning TBR pile.

Next Sunday I will be back with a report on what I've bought in the last seven days. I need y'all to help hold me accountable. In the meantime, you can visit my current TBR pile on Goodreads.
My print TBR list (currently 522 books)
My kindle TBR list (currently 445 books)

BTW, you may see those numbers fluctuate above. The reason for that is that I currently have about 20 books pre-ordered and I've decided not to count those against my books-a-week numbers. But from here on out, pre-orders do count toward my number. 

5 comments:

Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal said...

Oh, man! GOOD LUCK! If you need any virtual cheering on, I'M THERE FOR YOU!
*\O/* *\O/* *\O/*
Gooooooo, Christi!

Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal said...

Huh. My cheerleaders have big heads. Let me try again...
*\o/* *\o/* *\o/*

*looks at them*
Okay. Carry on.

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Good luck chica! :)

I have similar shelves on goodreads so I feel your pain LOL

bookgoonie said...

Good luck. I've gotten lazy at even putting them on my GR TBR.

Christi Snow said...

Thanks girls!! LOL, Kelly...your cheerleaders just have big hair...they must be from Texas. ;) smiles...