Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cosmo's NEW Red Hot Reads! Afterburn by Sylvia Day

Cosmo Magazine and Harlequin Books have teamed up!
The result is Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin.
This new line of books has been created for the modern romance reader.
Each book is shorter than a normal novel, but it is most definitely NOT short on heat.
The stories feature young, adventurous, independent women who know what they want....from their careers, from their lives, and from their lovers.




Each month the imprint will release 1-2 books in the e-book format at an affordable $3.99 price point.
Sexy fiction, affordable prices, quick reads for your busy lifestyle.
win-win-win



The first release from this new imprint is Afterburn by Sylvia Day.

Story Description:
The realization that Jax still affected me so strongly was a jagged pill to swallow. He'd only been part of my life for five short weeks two years ago. But now he was back. Walking into a deal I'd worked hard to close. And God, he was magnificent. His eyes were a brown so dark they were nearly black. Thickly lashed, they were relentless in their intensity. Had I really thought they were soft and warm? There was nothing soft about Jackson Rutledge. He was a hard and jaded man, cut from a ruthless cloth.


In that moment I understood how badly I wanted to unravel the mystery of Jax. Bad enough that I didn't mind how much it was going to cost me...

My quickie review:
I got to preview the first two chapters of this book as part of the kick-off for the Red Hot Reads line. I'm hooked! Gia's a normal girl who has fought to get the job of a lifetime. When she runs into the man who broke her heart and now has the ability to break her career, she's shocked and reeling. That's as far as the first two chapters went. But I love Gia. She's strong and competent and seems to me that she has grown a lot since Jax broke her. I foresee them being in for a wild ride. I can't wait to read the rest to see.

I was surprised that the book was told in 1st person POV from Gia's perspective. That isn't a common POV for contemporary romance. It seemed to work though. I'm interested to see if the book stays entirely in her POV and if this is a mainstay style for the line.

About the Author

Sylvia Day is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of more than a dozen award-winning novels sold in 40 countries. She has millions of copies of her books in print and her Crossfire series recently surpassed 12 million copies sold. Her novels Bared to You and Reflected in You took spots among the top ten bestselling books of 2012 on year-end sales roundups throughout the world.

No comments: