Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sweet Young Thang by Anne Tenino



Title:   Sweet Young Thang
Author: Anne Tenino
My Rating:A


Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Theta Alpha Gamma #3
Main Characters: Collin and Eric
Release Date:  July 2013
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Thanks to Collin Montes, Theta Alpha Gamma now welcomes gay and bisexual students. Persuading his Uncle Monty, president of the TAG Alumni Association, that the open approach won’t adversely affect TAG’s reputation is Collin’s own first step toward coming out. As long as there are no repercussions, he’ll escape the closet by graduation.

Enter repercussions, stage left: someone rigs the TAG House water heater to launch through the ceiling, then plants a bomb—thankfully unsuccessful—in the fraternity’s basement. Now Collin has his hands full not only trying to convince his uncle that this might not be the work of homophobes, but also dealing with a fratful of brothers worried about their kegger fridge.

Paramedic Eric Dixon can’t stop thinking about the kid he met during a call at his former college fraternity house. The age gap between them is trumped by sexy eyes, so when Eric sees Collin again at the bomb scene, he pursues him. Soon, Eric is dreaming of being a househusband, fighting to keep Collin safe from whoever’s trying to destroy the fraternity, and helping his sweet young thang realize that repercussions sometimes have silver linings.

My Review:
You know, the more I read of Anne Tenino's books, the more I enjoy them. Her writing just gets better and better and she simply writes characters and stories that I love. 

This book had a different twist to it. The relationship is a May/December romance. Eric, at 36, is fifteen years older than Collin, who is 21. In fact, Collin's uncle is basically his father figure and he and Eric went to school together. That's a big difference, but surprisingly it never bothered me in this book because I truly felt that these two were really suited for each other. I love that Eric was a photographer as well as paramedic...seriously, two careers that I love for my heroes to have. Then add in the college ambiance...yeah, this book worked for me. 

I also really liked all the side stories with Collin and all that is going on at the frat with their new policies on gay members. I love this group of guys that make up the frat...from Danny (with his sensitivity training issues) to Kyle (with his OCD tendencies) to Tank (who protects everyone) to Jock (who I'm pretty sure will get a book in this series someday...yippee!) I was pretty sure pretty early on who was to blame in the story line for the issues, but was really surprised as to the why...I love it when I get surprised!

I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud during this one. The best thing about the story were the mass scenes within the frat. I love these guys and how they are truly trying to be good guys and sensitive to this new world (to them) of gay guys. Between the Project Runway references and the things that the sensitivity training didn't cover, I was giggling constantly. I love books that make me laugh and happy simply because I read them. This is definitely one of those books. 

Another great one from Anne Tenino. I can't wait for more from this series. She's definitely one of my newest auto-buy authors.

1 comment:

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

Great review Christi! I saw this on Netgalley this other day and wasn't sure how I'd feel about it. I think your review has made me want to check it out. :-D