Saturday, July 27, 2013

Melody's Wolf by Mina Carter




Title:   Melody's Wolf
Author: Mina Carter
My Rating: B



Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Lyric Hounds #1
Main Characters: Melody and Aaron
Release Date:  May 2013
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Melody's love life is in a bit of a dry spell...for the last two years. Content tracking down archaeological evidence of werewolf packs, she spends her time wearing wellingtons and covered in mud rather than looking for a date. Knowing her worried brother isn’t above arranging a kidnapping to get her to go on a date, she agrees to a match with 1Night Stand, figuring Madame Eve has to be a better matchmaker than her beloved brother.

Money, fame, looks—rock star and werewolf Aaron Rixx has it all, except the one thing that truly matters...love. Yearning for a woman to see him for who he is, he lets Madame Eve make all the arrangements. No matter where he goes, as the lead singer of the world famous band, Lyric Hounds, he's always recognized...so all he expects is a night of hot sex and a quiet weekend with his music.

He never anticipates Madame Eve might find the one woman on the planet who doesn't recognise him on sight...or the one he and his wolf identify instantly as their mate. Will one night be enough for him to convince Melody she's his forever?

My Review:
This book definitely kicked off a series with many of my favorite things....wolf shifters, rock bands, and Decadent's 1 Night Stand series. 

As part of the hottest rock band around, Lyric Hounds, Aaron is a bit burnt out on all the partying and girls. As a result, he is willing to set up a 1NS with Madame Eve. What he isn't expecting is Melody. Melody is his true mate....his wolf recognizes it, but she doesn't recognize him. In fact, she has no clue that he's a famous rocker. As an archeologist, Melody lives the furthest thing from the rock-n-roll lifestyle. 

This was a really short story (as all 1NS stories are) and quite honestly, I didn't feel it was quite long enough, but the good news is that this is the start to a whole series with these characters. While this one didn't give me enough, it set up for a great story as we get to know this band and the characters throughout a whole series of these short novellas. I'm looking forward to that. I think it's going to be a fun series and I think I will be good with the series as a whole in the end. Like I said, a great start!

1 comment:

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

Yep, it's official...I need to get into these 1NS novellas. Jen (That's what I'm talking about) had referred this series to me when I asked about Novella Series last week. She said that it's a great place to get a good read in quickly...of course we all agree that novellas are never long enough, but they satisfy our need to get to the end quickly...especially with our busy lives. I'm happy that you enjoyed the start of this series and I'm excited to hear how the other novellas go. :-D