Friday, July 12, 2013

Lick by Kylie Scott


Title:  Lick
Author: Kylie Scott
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Stage Dive #1
Release Date: July 2013
Main Characters: David and Ev
Publisher: Momentum
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride.

My Review:

LOVED this book. I made the mistake of reading this book on a Saturday, family day. It was so good... I spent the entire day sneaking out my kindle to read it...at Monsters Univ, at lunch, everywhere we went because I was so riveted by David and Ev's story. Yes, it's that good.

The entire story is told from Ev's pov and usually I'm not a huge fan of this format, but Kylie Scott made it work and she made it work really well. I fell in love with both these characters. In fact, I fell in love with the entire band (Mal, Jimmy, and Ben) and Sam the security guard.

Everything about David and Ev's relationship is done backwards, since they have a Vegas wedding on her 21st birthday...a wedding Ev doesn't remember. In fact, she has no idea who David is, although he's a famous rocker. She's a country girl. But she never doubts how attracted she is to him and then as she slowly gets to know him, it becomes more and more obvious why she married him that night. It also becomes more and more obvious about how hurt David is that she doesn't remember any of it. It makes him truly a character that I fell in love with.

They do it all wrong and all backward, but I LOVED these two characters and yes, I even loved the way that their relationship developed. Because it was so rough in the beginning, it made them more honest with each other. They know they didn't do this right and that it would be so easy to screw it up. They have issues, but I love their honesty over those issues and how when they are talking about things, they truly put it all out there. The key is to get them talking about things.

This book was fabulous and I can't wait for more in the series. Mal was awesome providing Ev a friend when she needed it. Jimmy develops into a character that I liked, although I honestly did NOT see that coming. Ben isn't in the story much yet, but he already has a good set-up. The whole series has a good set-up and I'm excited about this new author.

No comments: