Monday, July 8, 2013

Forged in Steele by Maya Banks

Title:  Forged in Steele
Author: Maya Banks
My Rating: B+

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: KGI #7
Release Date: June 2013
Main Characters: Steele and Maren

Publisher: Berkley
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot



Story Overview:
The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super-elite, top secret, family-run business.
Qualifications: High intelligence, rock-hard body, military background.
Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the U.S. government can’t…

Steele, a KGI team leader, is an enigma not even his team mates understand. His emotions are tightly locked down and nothing can break that icy exterior. Nothing except Maren Scofield, a doctor on a mission, a woman who has gotten under Steele’s skin and threatens to crack that unflappable cool he’s legendary for.

Steele is determined not to allow Maren past his carefully guarded defenses, but when she’s in danger, there’s no way he’ll allow anyone else to protect her. She’s hiding something. He’s sure of it. But he isn’t prepared for the shocking discovery her secrets reveal. Or how they will forever alter the course of his destiny. He has a decision to make. Hold tight and shut her out. Or take a chance on something more powerful than he’s ever faced. Love.

My Review:
As one of the most staid team members, I have been looking forward to Steele's story. I think he found a good match in Maren. I love how completely honest she is. She tells it like it is...no holding back on anything and that works so well with Steele who doesn't say anything. They work and it was fun to see Steele thrown off by Maren, especially at the beginning of the book. 

I also really enjoyed the fact that Maren thinks Steele really dislikes her, although he's been fantasizing about her for over a year. THEN he thinks he can just work her out of his system. Yep, this is a guy who's pretty clueless, but once he's in, he's all in. How can you not fall in love with that?

Then there's Maren who's this really tough doctor. She lives in an area of the world that isn't the kindest, Costa Rica, and she does it completely alone simply because she loves her job as a doctor and helping people.

But neither one of them see the danger/suspense line coming in this one. It was an interesting way to put the story together. One thing I will definitely say for Maya Banks...she knows how to create a series where every book is completely different, while still maintaining the quality. I admire that skill....a lot!

I continue to love this series, even after 7 1/2 books. Next we get Donovan's book, which I KNOW is going to be good, but I find myself really fascinated by two of the new team members, Edge and Skylar....I have no idea when/if they will get books, but I hope we get to see more of the new team soon because I like them! Another great one by Maya Banks!

No comments: