Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two of a Kind by Susan Mallery


Title: Two of a Kind
Author: Susan Mallery
My Rating: A+



Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Fool's Gold #12
Main Characters: Felicia and Gideon
Release Date: June 2013
Publisher: Harlequin
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery welcomes readers back to Fool's Gold, where a one-time fling could become the real thing...

Felicia Swift never dreamed she'd hear a deep, sexy voice from her past in tiny Fool's Gold, California. The last time Gideon Boylan whispered in her ear was half a world away...on the morning after the hottest night of her life. Her freaky smarts have limited her close friendships, and romance, but she came to Fool's Gold looking for ordinary. 

Gorgeous, brooding Gideon is anything but that. Black Ops taught Gideon that love could be deadly. Now he pretends to fit in while keeping everyone at arm's length. Felicia wants more than he can give-a home, family, love-but she has a lot to learn about men...and Gideon needs to be the man to teach her.

As these two misfits discover that passion isn't the only thing they have in common, they just might figure out that two of a kind should never be split apart.

My Review:
I think this may be my new favorite book from this series. I loved this book!! Honestly, there are not any other two characters who need love and a good hug more than Felicia and Gideon.

Felicia built a bomb at age four, terrifying her parents with her extreme intelligence so they abandoned her to the educational system. Basically donating her like a thing to the university. Yes, she's incredibly intelligent, but she's paid for that intelligence in so many ways. She's NEVER had love and acceptance. She's so freakishly smart, she's socially awkward. At age 16, she forged documents and tried to lose herself within the military. They soon recognized her abilities and put her to work organizing the Spec Ops teams and that's how she met Justice, Angel, and Ford. She's in Fools Gold getting their new security business off the ground and organized. What she doesn't realize is that Gideon, the man she gave her virginity to, is also in Fools Gold...until she hears his sexy voice over the radio.

Gideon wants nothing more than to fade away into obscurity. He was captured and tortured for two years and feels that there's not enough of him left to offer to anyone. He knows he's a shell of a man now. He watched the other three men on his team slowly die and they all had something to live for. He didn't. This book shows survivors guilt at its strongest. My heart just ached for his character. He's been through so much and withstood so much pain. 

As a reader, there is so much angst in this book and it's done so incredibly well. There's a lot of emotion, but there were also a ton of laughs. Felicia makes comments throughout the book that will honestly just have you bursting out in giggles because they are so honest and so unexpected. She even got Gideon to laughing.

There's a twist in the middle of the book that I did not see coming, but it was brilliant. Love Carter. Honestly, this book was fantastic before his character joined in, but after that, I was sold. LOVED THIS BOOK!! Read it. You won't regret it!!

8 comments:

Kerri Wenzel said...

I love Felicia. There were so many times I wanted to shake Gideon!! I did not want this book to end. It was so funny and just watching these two finally get together was great!

Manda Beth said...

I agree that this book might be one of my favorites of the series. I loved how Felicia might not have had parents in the biological sense but through her life created a family from people she came in contact with! Love the book!

Shari said...

Loved the book. The story of Felicia and Gideon was great.Lots of chuckles thru the book!

Charlotte said...

Susan did it again in Fools Gold she has us wrapped up in the lives of the men and woman who make Fools Gold what it is.

Lesley Lindsey said...

I loved this book and loved reading about Felicia and Gideon not only falling in love, but finding a sense of family and belonging in Fool's Gold. This is my favorite FG book so far! I'm giddy for Gideon!

Patsy T said...

Once again I am in love with Fools Gold. Susan has an awesome gift! With each story she builds the community while keeping the story unique. I love Gideon and Felicia. If I'm completely honest mostly Felicia, she is so painfully honest I adore her. My favorite to date.

Melissa Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Leigh said...

I love Fool's Gold. Felicia is so funny. In Just One Kiss, I was so curious of her, but in Two of a Kind, I knew I liked her. I knew she would be a good friend of my.