Friday, June 28, 2013

Hidden Crimes by Emma Holly

Title:  Hidden Crimes
Author: Emma Holly
My Rating: A

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Hidden #3
Main Characters: Nate and Evina
Release Date: June 2012
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Cats and dogs shouldn't fall in love. Like any wolf, RPD detective Nate Rivera knows this. He can’t help it if the tigress he’s been trading quips with at the supermarket is the most alluring woman he’s ever met—sassy too, which suits him down to his designer boots. 

Evina Mohajit is aware their flirtation can’t lead to more. Still, she relishes trading banter with the hot werewolf. This hardworking single mom hasn’t felt so female since her twins’ baby daddy left to start his new family. Plus, as a station chief in Resurrection’s Fire Department, she understands the demands of a dangerous job.

Their will-they-or-won’t-they tango could go on forever if it weren’t for the mortal peril the city’s shifter children fall into. To save them, Nate and Evina must team up, a choice that ignites the sparks smoldering between them . . .

My Review:
This book was so good! I'll admit I love a good shifter book and this was definitely one of the better ones that I have ever read.  I haven't read the other two books in this series, but I like this little world that Emma Holly has created in Resurrection. I definitely want to revisit it. 

But at the heart of this story is Nate and Evina. Nate is the 3rd in command of his wolf pack and is a police detective. Evina is the Tiger alpha and in charge of her fire station. Be still my heart....gah, I love first responders and love how Emma Holly made this such a natural thing for her shifters. Seriously....LOVE!

BUT dogs and cats should not mix... LOVE again! I loved how everything about these two together just worked when everyone around them was telling them that it wouldn't. They were so awesome...and did I mention HOT??....together. 

The shifters were great. The characters were fabulous. The story was intriguing. The suspense line was riveting. I loved the addition of Evina's twins and how Nate is such a natural with kids. I even liked the bit that Evina's ex, Paul, adds to the story. I loved everything about this one. I definitely need to read more from this series. 

1 comment:

Herding Cats - Burning Soup said...

Oh I have so been wanting to try her. Might have to be this one. I love the mixing of cats and dogs. So much fun.

~Anna