Monday, June 17, 2013

A Wedding in Valentine by Emma Cane

Title: A Wedding In Valentine 
Author: Emma Cane
My Rating: B+


Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Valentine Valley #2.5
Main Characters: Chris and Heather
Release Date: June 2013
Publisher: Avon
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
It's the wedding all of Valentine Valley has been waiting for!

Bridesmaid Heather Armstrong arrives for Nate and Emily's big weekend only to discover that one of the ushers is the man she had a close encounter with when they were trapped by a blizzard seven months ago—and he's the bride's brother!

Cowboy Chris Sweet never forgot the sexy redhead, although she disappeared without a trace. At first the secret creates a divide between them, but as they grow closer during the romantic weekend, will Heather dare risk her heart again?

My Review:
This was a quick little read and I'll be honest, I've never read any of Emma Cane's books before so I wasn't sure what I was in for, but I actually really enjoyed this. It was short, but it didn't seem too brief, although I definitely wouldn't have complained any if it had been longer because I really liked these two characters and their backstory.

Chris and Heather had instant chemistry when they met 7 months before, at least that's what they both thought. It was an incredible weekend of passion that they both thought was on the build-up to something more, but crossed lines of communication meant that both thought the other had rejected them having anything more. They've each had 7 months of heartache where they just can't get past that weekend. The thing is...neither of them realized their connection through Emily...Chris's sister and Heather's best friend until Heather gets off the plane for the wedding. And a wedding with all the family and everything needing to be perfect for Emily is NOT the place to hash out exactly what happened, especially in this small town where the rumor mill is alive and kicking. 

I really enjoyed the backstory between these two and could really see how this miscommunication could happen. I also enjoyed the set-up of the wedding weekend because it threw the two characters within each other's realm constantly so they weren't allowed to just ignore each other. I enjoyed the character of Will, Chris's brother, and how he's somewhat coming onto Heather...PERFECT for the story line in this novella.

I haven't read any of the other Valentine Valley books, but I never felt lost. I could tell who the past H/h were and want to read their stories soon. I think I just found another author who does small town romance really well.

No comments: