Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Texas Pride by Kindle Alexander

Title: Texas Pride
Author: Kindle Alexander
My RatingA


Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m) 
Series: -
Main Characters: Austin and Kitt
Release Date: March 2013
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
When mega movie star and two time Academy Award winner, Austin Grainger voluntarily gave up his dazzling film career, his adoring fan base thought he’d lost his mind. For Austin, the seclusion of fifteen hundred acres in the middle of Texas sounds like paradise. No more cameras, paparazzi, or overzealous media to hound him every day and night. Little did the sexiest man alive know when one door closes, another usually opens. And Austin’s opened by way of a sexy, hot ranch owner right next door. 

Kitt Kelly wasn’t your average rancher. He’s young, well educated and has hidden his sexuality for most of his life. When his long time wet dream materializes as his a new neighbor it threatens everything he holds dear. No way the ranching community would ever accept him if he came out. With every part of his life riding on the edge, can Kitt risk it all for a chance at love or will responsibility to his family heritage cost him his one chance at happiness?

My Review:

I loved everything about this book. The story set-up was gorgeous. I loved the history between these two men even though they've led extremely different adult lives. I loved that they were both so deeply in the closet, but still managed to connect. I loved the Texas setting. Living in Texas ranch country, I could relate to a lot of both the scenery and the attitudes. Then finally, I truly loved these two guys. 

Kitt has a vulnerability just because you know bits and pieces of his history and it's heartbreaking. He never shows any emotion, but he has reasons for that. It made me as the reader, just love him more.  I love how much he wants and needs to care and protect his sisters and stepmother despite his awful relationship with his father. His determination to make the ranch a success is so admirable. I just love everything about him...and that's before we even talk about the fact that he's a hot cowboy. YUM!

Then there's Austin. A successful actor who's fed up with the life and the lies. He wants out so escapes to where he grew up. Despite never having worked on a ranch his entire adult life, I love the fact that he jumps right in despite the extremely long days and sore muscles. He's embraced his new life with everything that he is. His vulnerability is in the fact of how much he wants Kitt...and he shows it at every turn. I know these guys are in the closet, but his PDA's were so sweet and endearing. This relationship with Kitt is hard for him because Kitt is so closed off. Austin loves with his whole heart and it melted my heart at every turn. 

I loved this book. Seriously, it was so good. Definitely a great read...and it's long which I loved because I didn't want this sweet story to end. It is going straight into my re-read pile.

No comments: