Sunday, May 26, 2013

I, Omega by Kari Gregg

Title: I, Omega 
Author: Kari Gregg
My Rating: B 


Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance (m/m)
Series: -
Main Characters: Gabriel and Cal
Release Date: September 2011
Publisher: Loose ID
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: erotic



Story Overview:
After one mind-shattering night with a stranger at a local leather bar leaves him forever changed, Gabriel lives on the streets as a vagrant to elude the master who hunts him, but the were shifter is a fierce, stubborn predator who reclaims him soon enough. Gabriel is carried away to the pack’s home territory where his instruction on what it means to be the pet of an alpha begins. Gabriel isn’t just any pet, though. He is the rarest among their kind: a human omega.

Treasured? Or cursed?

As Gabriel’s father, the Distinguished Gentleman from Pennsylvania and stalwart of the conservative party, pushes the considerable resources at his disposal to locate his missing son, Gabriel explores who and what he is under his master’s careful protection. Gabriel falls for the shifter who is both lover and destroyer, owner and...friend?

My Review:
I featured this book for Top Off Tuesday a while ago and bought it at the time. I'll admit, when the book opens it's pretty harsh...to the point that I've never made it past the first chapter or two until today (and I've started it a couple of different times over the past few months). But today I stuck with it and was so happy that I did.

This book does start out pretty hardcore. Something happened to Gabriel two months before at a BDSM club. He's a sub, son to a senator, and an accountant....before entering that club his life was pretty good. When the book starts two months later, he's living in a box, terrified of his Master finding him, and has lost basically everything. The book starts when his Master finds him.

As the book unfolds, you get to know what really happened to Gabriel and you get to know Cal, his Master. Cal is a shifter, the Alpha, and I don't think he meant for what happened to Gabriel to ever happen, but he got carried away by Gabriel. Gabriel is an anomaly....a human Omega and he also happens to be Cal's true Mate, which is why Cal couldn't resist him. But having sex that first time changed Gabriel, a change that he should be helped through, but he ran and panicked (common for Omega's).

After I made it through the first portion of the book, I truly fell in love with both these characters. I loved how Cal is doing everything in his power to protect Gabriel. He's definitely the master, but he lets Gabriel see his soft side too and I loved that. Gabriel's Omega side makes him so meek and mild and confused...you can't help but feel for the guy, but as it becomes apparent what his part is in the pack, you begin to love him.

There is a ton of shifter politics that come into play into this book....that didn't quite seem to get finished. I wanted more and was sure there was another follow-up book in the series. I'm so sad there's not because it seemed like there was a lot more to be revealed about these two and the packs themselves. I'd love to see more books in this series and that would definitely up the rating on this one because I just didn't feel like it was finished.

No comments: