Sunday, May 19, 2013

From Temptation by Lynn Kelling



Title:   From Temptation
Author: Lynn Kelling
My Rating: B


Genre: Erotic Romance (m/m)
Series: Deliver Me #2
Main Characters: Kyle and Ben
Release Date:  November 2012
Publisher: Fantastic Fiction

Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Kyle Roth is no longer safe–not from his lover, not from his friends and, especially, not from himself. Questioning the choices that led him to a life of submission to the potentially dangerous Dominant, Ben Knox, Kyle sees no other way out than through old vices. Just when Kyle assumes all hope is lost he is saved by the persistence of an old enemy, Gabriel Hunter. Worse yet, a secret past withheld from Darrek–Kyle’s friend and Gabriel’s partner–threatens to destroy them all! (M/M)

My Review:

This book could easily be renamed Fifty Shades of Messed Up. Wow...I had no idea. And you know, as I sit down to write this review, it occurs to me that there's virtually nothing I can say that isn't a spoiler.

This book is truly Kyle's book. He's on a serious downward spiral, but no one knows why. They just know that he's a danger to himself. As the book unfolds though, it becomes apparent that Kyle is hiding way too many secrets and he is not a guy who can do that. It's literally killing him.

This series is about a group of six basic friends...and I love that dynamic which is what made this book so incredibly hard to read because as the book transpires, those friendships truly become toxic to all of the parties involved. Honestly, it's painful to read. This book hurt.

But just by the mere fact of how much it hurt me to read it, tells you what an amazing tale Lynn Kelling is weaving here. I am attached to her characters and what happens to them...every single one of them. And at the 46% place in this book, everything about their world blew apart.

But what hurts me as a reader is that it never got better. There was no repairing the damage done and I think I needed that. Now that the book is finished, I'm kind of wishing now that I'd never read it...at the same time that I'm dying for the next book. It's almost like the same kind of toxic relationships these guys all have with each other. *sigh* Every one makes it to the end, but I'm not so sure any of them are in a better place. Maybe Kyle, simply because he finally has the honesty so that he can live with himself again. I can't imagine where Lynn Kelling will take the series from here.

And I know...this was a lousy review. The book was riveting... like watching a car wreck. I literally did not put the book down all day, but it definitely was not a book that made me feel better for having read it.

No comments: