Thursday, May 23, 2013

Armed and Dangerous by Jo Davis

Title: Armed and Dangerous
Author: Jo Davis
My Rating: A-

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Sugarland Blue #.5
Main Characters: Shane and Daisy
Release Date: April 2013
Publisher: Signet
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
When Detective Shane Ford, Sugarland’s favorite man in blue, and Juvenile Detective Daisy Callahan work together on a dangerous case, they find themselves ignoring their professional instincts and falling hard. But when their romance gets in the way of their job—and puts both their lives in jeopardy—Shane vows to break things off. But as they’re about to discover, this kind of steamy passion is impossible to deny… 

Includes a preview of the first book in Jo Davis’ new Sugarland Blue series, Sworn to Protect.

My Review:
I've been so looking forward to this series. This first little glimpse of it was awesome even though there is no HEA in it. What this novella does give the reader is a good idea of some of the main characters, the set-up of the characters and setting, as well as a WONDERFUL glimpse of some of the characters from Jo Davis's FireStation #5 series. OMG, I think I was more excited about that aspect than anything. I love that this book is set in the exact same world as that series which I adored. 

In this first glimpse, we met:
*Shane
*Daisy
*Tayler
All three work within the Sugarland police department. Taylor and Shane are partners and detectives. Daisy is a police officer. In this novella, there are signs that something is going wrong within a local BDSM group. Daisy and Taylor had been assigned to go in undercover, but when Taylor breaks his hand, Shane is sent in instead. Shane and Daisy have had chemistry for a while and this mission gives them the excuse to explore it. And even though things are great between them sexually, Shane is very upfront that is all that he wants. 

I LOVED everything about this novella and it just made me all the more excited about the series. I'm so glad I waited to read it until the first book was out. I think the wait would have killed me if I read it before. It's a great little teaser and it definitely leaves the reader ready for the main novels to start!

No comments: