Monday, April 8, 2013

Touch & Geaux by Abigail Roux



If you're looking for my quote, it's down at the bottom of this post. After my review of the book. 


Title:  Touch & Geaux
Author:  Abigail Roux
My Rating: A-

Genre: Romantic Suspense (m/m)
Series: Cut & Run #7
Main Characters: Zane & Ty
Release Date: April 2013
Publisher: Riptide
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
After having their faces plastered across the news during a high-profile case, FBI Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have become more useful to the Bureau posing for photo ops than working undercover. Just as Zane is beginning to consider retirement a viable option, Ty receives a distress call from a friend, leading them to a city rife with echoes from the past.

New Orleans wears its history on its streets, and it’s the one place Ty’s face could get him killed. Surrounded by trouble as soon as they land, Ty and Zane are swiftly confronted with a past from which Ty can’t hide—one with a surprising connection to Zane’s.

As threats close in from all directions, both men must come to terms with the lives they’ve led and the lies they’ve told. They soon discover that not all their secrets are out yet, and nothing lasts forever.

My Review:

I read Stars & Stripes (#6) and Touch & Geaux (#7) back to back. My review for Stars & Stripes was up yesterday and can be found HERE. Everything I said I loved about that book, completely went to hell in this book. LOL...you have to love authors who torture their characters, but *gah* Abigail Roux does it so perfectly.

This book finds Ty and Zane headed to New Orleans to help Nick who's gotten in a bit of a jam. It turns out ALL of Ty's old Marine team is there and things go south really, REALLY quickly. Part of the problem is that Ty spent two years undercover in NOLA and it never came out he was an agent, so he still has some powerful enemies. But his enemies aren't the only ones after him. A LOT of both his and Zane's past comes out in this book....and most of it is really not a good thing. 

This book is raw. It's heart-breaking. It's completely and totally riveting as you watch every single thing fall apart. Every. Thing. *sob* I read it in one single sitting....literally did not leave it for more than 2 minutes at a time until I got it done. And the entire time, my heart was pounding out of my chest. Yes, there were even a couple of moments that I cried. 

These two characters.....what is it about them that I love? Probably their vulnerability in just how much they love and need each other. To watch that shredded in this book was like having my heart ripped out of my chest a single piece at a time. BUT...this book is finally putting so much together. Stuff that happened way back in book #1 and I'd forgotten about....came out. It's stuff that they have to deal with even if it's hard....and *gah*, it is so hard.

But there are amazing moments too.....those little pieces of FATE which give you hope that everything in love and life isn't just random. The way that Abigail Roux wove that into the story this time...LOVE! 

I'm not a huge fan of NOLA as a setting and I hated all the strife and trauma in this book (although I don't think it was unnecessary)....that's why my rating on this one is slightly lower than normal. BUT, it was an amazing book....with an ending that left my mouth hanging open although I definitely knew that was coming. I just really hoped that it wasn't. I have no idea where Ty & Zane will go from here...it's definitely not going to be smooth sailing, but I can't wait to go along with them. Bring on Book #8....(begging....really, really SOON....PLEASE!!!)

This continues to be my favorite series of books...EVER!
*******************
Collect all of the favorite Cut & Run series quotes today to be eligible for great prizes from Riptide Publishing and Abi Roux! More details about the web hunt can be found here:


If you are here for the Web Hunt, my quote is from Sticks & Stones which I also read this week. I absolutely adored Harrison (Zane's dad) and his acceptance of Zane's sexuality and Ty. So my quote comes from him:
"Had a gay bull I had to sell last year. That was a damn nuisance. Gay son? That don't cost me nothing."


And if you didn't know, Stars & Stripes is in the finals of the DABWAHA tournament...
Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux has the opportunity to be the FIRST m/m winner of this tournament.




1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh very nice...I think I am in lurve.

LOL!

http://hearomanceswithalittlekick.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/top-off-tuesday-flowers-for-him-by-marie-saxton/