Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Strangers on a Train: Back On Track by Donna Cummings

Title: Back On Track
Author: Donna Cummings
My RatingA


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Strangers on a Train
Main Characters: Allie and Matt
Release Date: April 2013
Publisher: Samhain
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: mild

Story Overview:

What's a little lie between strangers?

A Strangers on a Train Story

Allie Whittaker is in a dating slump, too busy getting her fledgling marketing company off the ground to have a personal life. All that could change, though, if she can get baseball superstar Matt Kearns on the cover of a charity calendar. Except Matt won't even talk to her.

Matt is in a slump, worried his career might be over. A Napa Valley wine tour isn't enough to take his mind off his troubles--until sexy, funny Allie plops into the adjacent seat and tells him three things about herself. One of them, she says, is a lie.

Matt can't resist playing along, and soon the afternoon getaway becomes an interlude with lies, truths, and desire flowing as fast as the wine. Then Allie lets slip one truth too many...and they both realize they're playing for keeps.

Warning: A handsome hunk, a determined lady and a few glasses of wine. Throw in a little on-the-run action, and what more do you need to while away an afternoon?


My Review:
This was flat-out just a super-fun, hot little read! Constantly throughout the book, I kept finding myself with a little grin on my face. I love books that do that for me.

This train ride is a fun way to meet singles...it's a three-hour wine tour through Napa Valley. Both Allie and Matt were dragged onto it by their friends, but neither one of them are complaining when they meet. I loved the lying game...I think it worked so well for their flirtation/get-to-know-each-other time. 

Allie has been trying to contact Matt for months and at first doesn't recognize him...until he "lies" about who he is, then she realizes, although she doesn't let on that she knows. Their three hours are spent circling and spinning the truth...and it worked. It was completely fun and flirty and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

This little novella was perfect to me. I really liked it!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

2 comments:

Vanessa Romano said...

This one is ToT worthy! He is also wearing a grin that says he can be naughty if necessary.

Mariana @ Book Travels said...

Sounds like a nice novella, I just got my copy!!!
Thanks for your review