Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux



Title:  Stars & Stripes
Author:  Abigail Roux
My Rating: A

Genre: Romantic Suspense (m/m)
Series: Cut & Run #6
Main Characters: Zane & Ty
Release Date: August 2012
Publisher: Riptide
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have managed the impossible: a few months of peace and quiet. After nearly a year of personal and professional turmoil, they're living together conflict-free, work is going smoothly, and they're both happy, healthy, and home every night before dark. But anyone who knows them knows that can’t possibly last.

When an emergency call from home upsets the balance of their carefully arranged world, Ty and Zane must juggle family drama with a perplexing crime to save a helpless victim before time runs out.

From the mountains of West Virginia to a remote Texas horse ranch harboring more than just livestock and childhood memories, Ty and Zane must face their fears—and their families—to overcome an unlikely enemy and bring peace back into their newly shared world.

My Review:
If there was a single series that I could have to read for the rest of my life and I could only read that single set of books, this would be the series that I would choose. I LOVE this series! Best characters EVER created...hands down....Ty and Zane. Honestly, I just love them together. 

In this book...sigh....everything is just so good between them. They are in such a good place between the two of them and I love that they are finally, FINALLY there. This book deals entirely with their families though....neither of which have any idea that their sons are gay. This is the book where all that hits the fan for both of them. But it's so good. It doesn't go smoothly, but that never ruffles their relationship and I loved that Abigail Roux didn't go there where it would have been easier. I like that she kept their relationship so strong. 

Zane is from Texas and the majority of the book is spent down in Hill Country on his ranch. This is almost like home for me so I loved that aspect of the book. But there is just so much more to love...
*The tiger story....OMG, only Ty....poor Ty. I love how these animals are just drawn to him.
*Ty's obsessions with Stetsons...this was awesome about how worked up both he and Zane got by their cowboy looks...some seriously hot, steamy scenes because of this.
*Ty's problem with horses...too funny esp when his horse started following him around
*LOVED Ty with Sadie...OMG, melt my heart over his interactions with that sweet little 3 yo.
*EVERYTHING else...seriously I just love these books. 

The humor, their easy relationship, their oh-so-smexy relationship. I love these guys and how they are just slightly irreverent and crazy. I am constantly laughing out loud when I read one of these books and this one was no exception. It was good and so entertaining. Just another GREAT installment to this AMAZING series.

No comments: