Saturday, April 13, 2013

Love Irresistibly by Julie James

Title:  Love Irresistibly
Author: Julie James
My Rating: B+

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: FBI/US Attorney #4
Main Characters: Cade and Brooke
Release Date: April 2013
Publisher: Berkley
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: spicy


Story Overview:
HE’S USED TO GETTING WHAT HE WANTS…

A former football star and one of Chicago’s top prosecutors, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cade Morgan will do anything to nail a corrupt state senator, which means he needs Brooke Parker’s help. As general counsel for a restaurant company, she can get a bug to the senator’s table at one of her five-star restaurants so the FBI can eavesdrop on him. All Cade has to do is convince Brooke to cooperate—and he’s not afraid to use a little charm, or the power of his office, to do just that.

AND WHAT HE WANTS IS HER.

A savvy businesswoman, Brooke knows she needs to play ball with the U.S. Attorney’s office—even if it means working with Cade. No doubt there’s a sizzling attraction beneath all their sarcastic quips, but Brooke is determined to keep things casual. Cade agrees—until a surprising turn of events throws his life into turmoil, and he realizes that he wants more than just a good time from the one woman with whom he could fall terrifyingly, irresistibly in love . . .

My Review:
As per usual, this book was a great example of Julie James' smart, sassy, fun writing style. This time the characters are Cade, Assistant Attorney General in Chicago and Brooke who works as an attorney for a restaurant corporation. 

The restaurant corporation Brooke works for also does the catering for a lot of the big sports venues and I enjoyed the restaurant/sports aspect that added to the story. Definitely interesting. I also really enjoyed Cade's relationship with his two FBI sidekicks/friends and Zach, his 16 yo younger brother who he's never met before. I liked Cade's story line with his father and half brother, especially the scenes between him and Zach. 

I also really enjoyed the story line of Cade's football career. Best scene in the book where Brooke is taking care of Cade after he's been throwing with Zach...seriously, melt my heart romantic and sweet. (Yes, I'm a sucker for a wounded hero.)

I enjoyed the book... a LOT. I always enjoy Julie's writing. I know it's going to be witty and smart and completely entertaining going into it and this one did not disappoint on that aspect at all. The main reason she is on my auto-buy list. I know that a book by Julie James is going to be sassy and fun! 

My single complaint....I think this is Julie's fifth book now. Maybe it's just me, but all her characters are beginning to feel like the same people. Besides the specific details of the career and family background, the characters are the same people. They are smart and sarcastic, but they seem to be just slight variations on the exact same character. And, honestly, I'm not even sure that's a bad thing because I love Julie James's books. I know going into it exactly what kind of read it's going to be, but I guess after book #5....I'm just hoping for a bit more.

No comments: