Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Love Shack by Christie Ridgway

Title: The Love Shack
Author: Christie Ridgway
My Rating: B+



Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Beach House #3
Main Characters: Gage and Skye
Release Date: March 2013

ISBN: 9780373777150
Publisher: Harlequin
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Globe-trotting photojournalist Gage Lowell spent carefree childhood summers in Crescent Cove. Now that he desperately needs some R & R, he books a vacation at Beach House No. 9—ready to soak up some sun and surprise old friend and property manager Skye Alexander. Their long-distance letters got him through a dangerous time he can’t otherwise talk about. But when
he arrives, the tightly wound beauty isn’t exactly happy to see him.

Skye knows any red-blooded woman would be thrilled to spend time with gorgeous, sexy Gage. But she harbors secrets of her own, including that she might just be a little bit in love with him. And she’s convinced the restless wanderer won’t stay long enough for her to dare share her past—or dream of a future together. Luckily for them both, summer at Crescent Cove has a way of making the impossible happen…


My Review:
I have really, really enjoyed this series...even more so than I expected to. I've been intrigued by Gage and Skye from book #1, mainly because it's been obvious that both of them are keeping secrets. 

Gage is Griffin's (hero book #1) twin brother. He's a war photographer and recently went mysteriously MIA while out on assignment. He rented out Beach house #9 incognito, but Griffin recognized the name that the two of them always use when trying to hide. 

Skye and Gage have been writing back and forth for months, but she's been hiding something from him and all her friends. They've noted a change in her and how much jumpier she is now, but no one's been able to get to the bottom of what exactly has changed. 

They both have secrets that are haunting them and I love how they worked through those together in this book. I also really enjoyed the fact that they have a friendship first which slowly builds up to something explosive between them, even though they both know it's temporary.

Then there's the side story of Teague and Polly. OMG, I loved Skye and Gage's story, but I loved Teague and Polly even more I think. Teague is a firefighter and he's been in all three of the stories...pretty much as background firefighter eyecandy (and I was happy with that). He's also been in love with Tess (Gage & Griffin's MARRIED sister) since book #1. Polly is hands-down his best friend. They've been that way for YEARS, but she's been in love with him that whole time. The guy is clueless. He had no idea and the shock of it all for him kept me giggling. I love him and just how much of a guy he is. He has no idea what's staring him in the face, even after Polly hits him over the head with it. I LOVED their story. 

This has been a great series and I've loved the stories that have taken place in Beach House #9. The characters have been great and the setting has been perfect. I definitely recommend this entire series.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: