Thursday, March 21, 2013

Night Blade by J.C. Daniels


Title:  Night Blade
Author: J.C. Daniels
My Rating:A++ 


Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series:  Kit Colbana #2
Main Characters: Kit
Release Date: March 2013 
Publisher: -

Links to Purchase:

Amazon  

Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Kit Colbana is always biting off more than she can chew. She has a knack for finding trouble. This time, though, trouble finds her. Someone from her past drops a case into her lap that she just can’t refuse…literally.

People on the Council are dying left and right and she’s been requested to investigate the deaths. The number one suspect? Her lover, Damon. If she doesn’t clear his name, he gets a death sentence. Even if she succeeds? They still might try to execute him. Oh, and she’s not allowed to tell him about the case, either.

The stakes are high this time around, higher than they’ve ever been. Kit may be forced to pay the ultimate price to save her lover’s life…a price that could destroy her and everything she loves.


My Review:
2014?!? OMG, I have to wait until 2014 for book 3?? NOOOO!!! OMG, it has been ages since a book has led me to sob as long and as hard as I did in this one. It was so freaking good....and so freaking heartbreaking. I absolutely did NOT want the story to end. Noooo....

I finished the book an hour ago and still feel like my heart is pounding out of my chest. Honestly, if you aren't reading this series...YOU NEED TO BE!!

Damon and Kit...*gah* I love them together. I love how the whole book is told from Kit's pov, but J.C. Daniels is QUEEN of emotion and letting you see it from her characters. You can see how much Damon loves and needs Kit. He's the new Cat Alpha...one of the most powerful were packs around, but he cherishes Kit and their relationship so much...he continues to put her first and it's beautifully romantic to read.

BUT, Kit has been charged by Banner, a police organization, to look into some murders which could mean a death penalty for Damon. The real problem here...they've magically bound her so that she physically can't give him any type of warning about what is going on...that becomes a REAL problem. She's investigating him and he can't know it. But again this is where Kit's character shines through...she's tough and will protect her own, even at a detriment to herself. She loves Damon...to her death if need be.

This world that J.C. Daniels has built is awesome. I love Kit and her amazonian background. I hate how she got there, but this girl is tough...which is why this book is all the more heartbreaking. And Doyle (Damon's nephew from the last book) in this book...OMG, I adore where that part of the story line is going. I'm really hoping and thinking that we'll see a ton of him in the next book and I love that idea. What he does for her and his connection to her...*gah*....writing perfection!

There is so much amazing about this story. In fact, I can't think of a single thing that I don't like about it. The writing is wonderful and extremely engaging. Seriously, I sobbed for a good half hour during the middle of reading. I don't become that extremely emotionally involved without the writing being perfection. I start to read these books and become totally immersed within the story. I cannot wait for book #3!!

No comments: