Friday, March 1, 2013

Falling for You by Heather Thurmeier

Title:  Falling for You
Author: Heather Thurmeier
My Rating: B


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: #1
Main Characters: Cassidy and Evan
Release Date: November 2012

ISBN: 978-1440552045
Publisher: Crimson Romance
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Newly single Cassidy Quinn is thrilled to be a contestant on the new reality dating show The One. But her excitement turns to horror when the gorgeous bachelor turns out to be her ex-boyfriend. Seeing Brad again makes Cassidy realize she might not be as "over him" as she thought-and then she meets hunky cameraman Evan Burke. After watching his brother lose his wife in a tragic accident, Evan vows never to fall in love. But following Cassidy around as her personal cameraman makes him question his decision, and resisting her gets harder with every sunbathing, bikini-wearing day. Cassidy and Evan begin a forbidden affair while her ex-boyfriend tries to win her heart back one groping, awkward moment at a time. If Cassidy can manage to stop falling off horses (literally), stop falling onto her ex-boyfriend, the bachelor (yes, literally), and stop falling in love with backstage playboy Evan, she might still make it through the show without becoming a tabloid sensation. But soon Cassidy must choose between the ex who broke her heart and the cameraman who might never love her back. For Cassidy, this reality show just got real.

My Review:

I'll admit, I don't even watch most of the reality shows on TV and have never been drawn to the dating ones, but the premise of this book sounded really intriguing so I snatched it up when offered the opportunity. I'm glad I did. This book was a lot of fun.

Cassidy was entered to join a reality dating show by her sister. She's not looking for love after her ex abandoned her in NYC for the waves of California, but she figures it will be an adventure so she goes along with it. You can imagine her surprise when her ex is the bachelor featured on the show. But no worries there, they've done the whole dating thing and he dumped her. She knows neither one of them will be tempted again.


But who is tempting her is her personal cameraman, Evan. Unfortunately, they've both signed a non-fraternization contract which says they absolutely are NOT allowed to become in any way romantically involved.


This book was just pure entertainment. I loved Cassidy and how clutzy she was. Every time the camera came on, she was getting hurt somehow. I also really loved Evan's sense of humor on the other side of the camera. We got to hear a lot of his chuckles, when he's not offering help or trying to save Cassidy from one catastrophe or other.


I liked the way that the show was set up, with cameras and mikes virtually everywhere. It made private time between these two a valuable commodity. I also really enjoyed their interview room segments. Those moments seemed like such honest moments between the two even when they were playing it for the show. I loved the emotion that came through there. 


My only complaint about the book was Cassidy's seemingly change in feelings toward Brad, her ex, at the end. I didn't understand. I could understand if it was as simple as not wanting to hurt him since they had cared about each other at one point in time. I just felt it went a bit too far with a teasing of feelings from her and that did affect my overall rating on the book. Without that, this would have easily been an "A" rated book. 


But I still had great fun reading it. Immediately when I finished it, I got online and bought the second book which will follow Paige, Cassidy's friend from the show. It looks like that book is going to be more of an adventure-style race and I LOVE those shows. I'm really looking forward to reading it.




***Commenters will be added to a drawing for a $20.00 Amazon/B&N Gift Card!!****

5 comments:

Tasty Book Tours said...

Thank you so much for hosting!

Mins72 said...

Thanks for the great review and for the giveaway ! sethmo1999@yahoo.com

Steph2012 said...

Thank you for the review and giveaway. It looks like a cute book!

gloria lancia said...

thank you for this giveaway!!

Angelia Almos/Angie Derek said...

Great review. Sounds like a fun read. author (at) angeliaalmos (dot) com