Friday, February 8, 2013

Temptation's Kiss (#2) by Michelle Zink

Title: Temptation's Kiss
Author: Michelle Zink
My Rating: B 



Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Shadowguards #2
Main Characters: Lily and Kane
Release Date: December 2012
ISBN: ebook
Publisher: Swoon Romance
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity

Story Overview:
Lily Montgomery is perfectly happy taking care of everyone else. That is, until her friendship with Shadowguard warrior, Kane Dawson, begins to blossom into something more.

But Lily has a secret. One that will keep her from ever making her feelings known to Kane. 

One of the Shadowguard’s fiercest warriors, Kane has a soft spot for Lily. A long-standing member of the Shadowguard, he can’t figure out when his feelings for Ambrose Montgomery’s youngest daughter morphed from brotherly affection into desire and an unfamiliar longing that feels a lot like love.

Kane holds himself in check knowing that Lily deserves better. A man in a suit, dinner at six every night, rosy-cheeked children who won’t have to worry that their father might be killed by one of the Legion’s wraiths.

But when the pair are thrown together by a set of circumstances beyond their control, they are forced to confront their growing passion and decide if love is worth the risk of baring it all.

Temptation's Kiss is Michelle Zink's second adult title, is book 2 in The Shadowguard Series, and is recommended for mature audiences of 18+.

My Review:
Again, probably my biggest complaint about these books is their really short length. The romance worked better for me in this one though than it did the first book just because the hero and heroine are already really good friends. Another huge plus for this book is that we did get to see the hero and heroine as a couple a month or two later...and I like that. 

Normally, in my reviews, I talk about the characters and story line, but the story description on this is really good and thorough, so I'm going to leave it with that.

Honestly, I really like this series and I think it's going to be one that just gets better and better with each book that comes out because you will be able to get deeper and deeper into the story line. Although, they are incredibly short reads, the author does a really excellent job of world-building. There's a single story arc that flows across all the books and with each one, we learn a bit more. It's a slightly different way to write a series, but I think by the time it's over, I'm going to be in love with the series as a whole and then I will sit down and re-read them all back to back.
I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: