Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One Night with a Cowboy by Cat Johnson


Title:  One Night with a Cowboy
Author: Cat Johnson
My Rating: A++

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Cowboy Nights #1
Main Characters: Becca and Tucker
Release Date: February 2013
ISBN: 978-0758285386
Publisher: Kensington
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:

One Sweet Ride. . .
Oh yeah. A single look at the leggy blonde in the stands and Tucker Jenkins is ready to buck all night long. It's time to forget all about his cheating ex and his usual hands off policy. 

One Hot Night. . .

Becca Hart is an East Coast professor. Not a buckle bunny. But no degree can prepare her for the moves of the sexy bull rider she hooks up with at her first rodeo. . .or the shock of finding him at her first Oklahoma State University staff meeting. 

One Happy Ending. . .

Tuck knows it's all about holding on, no matter how wild the ride. Now he just has to convince Becca that a rough start out of the chute doesn't mean they aren't a smokin' combination. . .


My Review:
There are certain things that I really love in books. I'll admit, I've only read one other book of Cat Johnson's and she has no clue who I am, but I swear she wrote this book personally FOR ME!

Things I love:
*College campus setting....Yep, and not only is this set on a college campus, but it's set on a college campus in the Southwest....Oklahoma State University to be exact. Oh yeah! This is almost as good as using Texas Tech University as a setting. ;o)

*Hot cowboy hero...when Becca and Tucker meet, he's actually in a rodeo as a bull rider. He plucks her and her sister out of the stands to come down on the floor and watch. One word....chaps. *sigh* I'm a Texas girl...I know what chaps can do for a guy and I loved that Becca recognized that too! hehe.

*Hot sexy soldier hero... I know, I hear you. You're sitting there going "what?" this book is about a cowboy, not a soldier. This is the brilliance of Cat's book....HE'S BOTH. OMG, I swore I swooned when I realized it. Tucker used to run the bull-riding circuit full time, but he's thirty now and just really does it as a hobby when there's a rodeo near home. In his real job, he's an Army soldier. Right now, he's working at OSU as an ROTC instructor...so yep, he's working right alongside Becca, who's an English professor.

This book was so good. It starts off incredibly hot with the one night stand between Tuck and Becca. She's in town for one night while she interviews for the job at OSU. She thinks he lives the nomadic life of the rodeo....they don't get deep when they meet, but they get SUPER sexy...this one night takes up about 25% of the book. Yeah, they start off with a bang, but both of these characters have recently come off heartbreaking breakups and neither wants more right now, although they both are more emotionally affected by that night than they'd like to admit. 

Then they realize, a couple of months later, that they work together and OSU has a no-fraternization between employees policy. They're stuck, but can't resist the draw to each other. Tucker realizes how dangerous things are between them (emotionally and career-wise) before Becca does and he takes extreme measures to save her job. The last 15% of this book killed me...so suspenseful and stressful and emotional. At one point, I literally was bawling. This book is soooo good! I absolutely LOVED it! I bought the paperback version and plan to re-read it again...SOON!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review (and after I read it and fell in love with it, I went out and bought a print copy for my keeper shelf).

1 comment:

Ashley Montgomery said...

Wow! This book sounds totally swoon-worthy. Thanks for a great review. I'm off to add it to my TBR list.