Friday, January 4, 2013

Inside Out by Amy Lee Burgess

Title: Inside Out
Author: Amy Lee Burgess
My Rating: A+



Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Wolf Within #4
Main Characters: Stanzie
Release Date: October 2012
ISBN: ebook
Publisher: Lyrical Press
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:

The Wolf Within Book 4

For Stanzie, being herself is more dangerous than ever.

There's no place like home...or is there? When Stanzie is asked to investigate her birth pack- Mayflower--she isn't prepared for what she finds. No one respects the Alphas and the newest adult member of the pack is being encouraged to leave. Why?

To make matters worse, the men are dangerously intent on mating and shifting with her. How far will the pack she thought she knew go to get what they want? Without her bond-mate, Liam, Stanzie must face this alone and, barely ahead of threat of violence, must solve the mysteries, and fast.

WARNING: Vulgar language, sexual situations, group sex, violence 

A Lyrical Press Paranormal Romance



My Review:

Whoa...what an amazing book. This book is #4 in this series and I didn't really realize that this was more of an Urban Fantasy series when I chose to review it. I haven't read the other three books before this one and that meant that I've missed a LOT of the story, because the story is ongoing with UF. Even with that though, this book was so incredibly good. It honestly hurt me to put it down for a second while I was reading it because the story was so engrossing.

My entire being ached for the heartache that Stanzie is going through. Her bond mate has left her and even without knowing her history with Liam Murphy from the other books, this hurt me as a reader too. Every time his name was brought up during the book, it made me feel almost sick with the emotion of it. That is some REALLY powerful writing, especially considering I haven't read the other books to become that attached to him. Add to that she has had to go home to the pack where things have never been easy for her. She left the pack 13 years ago and her family has since turned his back on her. She's the outcast and now has to figure out what's going wrong within the pack, so there's a decent line of suspense happening here too.

Absolutely Stanzie was my favorite character in this book, but OMG, I loved Scott and Alan too. I really didn't like Scott at first, but *sigh*....God, you have to love a protective alpha male. His relationship with Stanzie is never more than friendship (he's bonded to her cousin), but the way that he watches over her and protects her just made my heart melt. I loved him as her friend. Then there is sweet Alan. Another character who has gotten such a raw deal out of this pack. You can't help but love him especially with his devotion to Stanzie.

Even Murphy and Paddy....I know that there has to be something more to why they did what they did, but up until the point where they shredded Stanzie's heart, I truly loved them. I kept hoping that they would show back up. Maybe book #5. I've bought the first 3 books in the series and hope that they will shed some light on that story, but I have a feeling that they are just going to make me more heartbroken about where that story line went in this book.

If you haven't gotten it yet, I LOVED THIS BOOK! I have searched all over and can't find any information about when book #5 comes out, but I am desperately praying that it's soon. In the meantime, I'm going to have to find some time in my crazy-busy reading schedule to go back and read the first three in the series. If you like Urban Fantasy or shifter paranormal, I highly recommend this series.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.




Author Bio:

Amy Lee Burgess wrote her first ghost story at age ten. Born in New England, she has also lived in New Orleans and Houston, survived fires, floods, hurricanes, divorce and the premature cancellation of several of her favorite television shows. Turning her back on such shocking betrayals, she is now writing about ghosts, vampires, and other paranormal things and is much happier for it.


1 comment:

Ingeborg said...

Great review, thank you. Sounds like a good read.

Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com