Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Double Danger by Dee Davis



Title: Double Danger
Author: Dee Davis
My Rating:
 A-

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: A-TAC #6
Main Characters: Simon and Jillian
Release Date: December 2012
ISBN
9780446582933
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview
Ignoring his instincts once cost Simon a vital op-and the life of his best friend, Ryan. Now as escalating, violent attacks hit A-Tac, another person he loves is in danger. Homeland Security agent Jillian Montgomery's investigation has suddenly brought her back into Simon's life, and unless they can learn to trust each other, their dangerous mission will fail.
After her husband Ryan's death, Jillian dedicates herself to saving others. She can't afford to be tempted by Simon, even though his every touch reignites the desire they once shared. But in the last desperate minutes before disaster strikes, their second chance at love might be the most lethal trap of all . . .

My Review:
I started this series last year, and I will be honest, it has never let me down. These books always feature great suspense and romance with a dash of danger and adventure that keeps me turning the page from page one until I get to the very end. I have a hard time putting books from this series down once I get started. 
This is book #6 in the series (I have a couple....books 4 & 5 still sitting on my TBR shelf) and features a couple that have a history...as friends. Simon and J.J. (Jillian) met in college along with Simon's best friend and J.J.'s husband Ryan. They were all friends, until one night things got out of hand between J.J. and Simon and then things changed. Within a few months, J.J. married Ryan and Simon melted out of her life. Simon and Ryan were in the SEALS together when Ryan was killed on a mission. Simon hasn't seen J.J. since the funeral. He thinks she blames him for her husband's death. He knows he blames himself, but Simon doesn't know the whole story about his dead best friend.
When they meet again, it's in the middle of a terrorist attack. But now J.J. is Jilian and working for Homeland Security and Simon is working for A-Tac and they end up working together on the case. 
Pretty much everything in this book worked for me. I loved the history between Jilian and Simon. I loved their chemistry and that time after time, they both put the other ahead of themselves. They are in a race against time over a terrorist plot that isn't making any sense. The only thing they know is that every time this guy strikes, they seem to be right there in the thick of it and on the verge of death. It was VERY suspenseful and action-packed. I loved that! There is also GREAT romantic tension between the two of them. There is a lot that's been left unsaid hanging between them and you combine that with their chemistry and the constant danger that they find themselves in and it makes for a really great read. 
Yes, I am behind on reading this series, but honestly, that didn't affect my enjoyment of this book at all. All of these books work as stand-alone novels and that works for me. The A-Tac team within these pages is great and I just love the characters. I also truly love the premise that there's this seriously covert high-spy team hiding within the walls of a college. I LOVE that premise...so creative and it works for me. 
If you haven't tried this series, I definitely recommend it. All these books maintain their place on my keeper shelves. (So, yes, that means I will be buying this one in print too even though I got a free ebook version from the publisher. It's that good!)
I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: