Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Prince by Tiffany Reisz

Title:   The Prince
Author: Tiffany Reisz
My Rating: B+


Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: The Original Sinners #3
Main Characters: Nora, Soren, Kingsley, Wesley
Release Date:  November 2012
ISBN: 9780778314103
Publisher: Harlequin Mira
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...preferably in bed. That's always been Kingsley Edge's strategy with his associate, the notorious New York dominatrix Nora Sutherlin. But with Nora away in Kentucky, now it's Kingsley's chance to take her place at the feet of the only man he's ever wanted -- Søren, Nora's on-again, off-again lover -- until a new threat from an old enemy forces him to confront his past.

Wes Railey is still the object of Nora's tamest yet most maddening fantasies, and the one man she can't forget. He's young. He's wonderful. He's also thoroughbred royalty and she's in "his" world now. But Nora is no simpering Southern belle, and her dream of fitting into Wesley's world is perpetually at odds with her dear Søren's relentlessly seductive pull.

Two worlds of wealth and passion call to her and whichever one Nora chooses, it will be the hardest decision she will ever have to make... unless someone makes it for her....

My Review:
Yes, my rating for this book is lower than the other two have been. (Honestly, I don't think that any book in this series will ever top The Angel for me.) That's not because it's not good. It absolutely is, but this book didn't leave me gasping and reading as fast as I could. This book is simply a fabulous story. It didn't keep me at the edge of my seat, because it's not that kind of book. This one is about the story and as such, it moves at a slightly easier pace. I was even able to *gasp* set this book down and walk away for a few hours at a time. That didn't happen with the first two. This book allowed you to breathe and is truly a set-up book for the final, which has most definitely been set up to be a shocker. Major cliffhanger alert! This book has it.

You find out the history between Kingsley and Soren. It wasn't as shocking as I expected it to be, but I really loved those scenes. They were Labeled as North- the Past. You also get quite a bit of Kingsley and Soren now in the North- the Present sections too. We've always known Kingsley as a peripheral character so it was interesting to get insight into his psyche in this book and just how much he loves Soren. Although, like all the other Sinners, my heart just ached for him. (All of these characters have been through so much.)

There are no labeled chapters in this book as we find these main four characters in two locations. Kingsley and Soren are in the North. Wesley and Nora are in the South. So all the chapters are labeled according to whose story we are following in any given section of the book. In this particular book, those stories are completely separate. Until the final line in the book, there is no interaction between the North and South.

Wesley and Nora... I truly love them together, but some little something just seemed to be missing for them in this book. They didn't have the sizzle that I wanted for them. I have a feeling that's because Nora so isn't vanilla, but after their encounter next to the fireplace, I am hoping that she will get Wes to thinking more her way. I liked how Wesley is finding out that Soren isn't someone to hate. 

There is one section of the book where Wesley and Nora are talking about romance/sex in her novels and how it's so unreal compared to their real-life relationship...I loved this section and thought it really fun.

Is it wrong here that I want them all to end up happy?? Is that even possible with this group? I sure hope so. Only book #4 will tell... 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: