Friday, November 23, 2012

The Accidental Cougar by Tiffany N. York


Title: The Accidental Cougar
Author: Tiffany N. York
My Rating: A-



Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Nicole and Wil
Release Date: November 2012
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: Wild Rose Press
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity

Story Overview:
Forty-one-year-old Nicole Woods was content raising her son alone, working as an ad exec, and indulging in the more than occasional cleaning frenzy...until the night she met Wil Blanco.

Her friends have decided that while her son is away for six weeks, it's the perfect opportunity for Nicole to have a summer fling. Heading the top of the list is Wil -- sexy, successful, full of life...and twenty-five! 

Regretfully, Nicole declares him "hands-off," but soon he's complicating everything, from her job at the advertising agency to her self-imposed ban on relationships. When Wil becomes her top client, she has even more reason to adhere to her "hands-off" policy. So why is Nicole finding it so hard to keep her hands off him?

My Review:
This book was good. It's been six years since Nicole's divorce. Six years since she's had any sort of man besides her son in her life. Honestly, she hasn't even been interested. Her divorce was a surprise to her and left her with scars. So it's as surprising to her as it is to anyone when someone piques her interest. Even more surprising is that he's a guy who's sixteen years younger than her. To her code of ethics, that just isn't acceptable.

Wil missed that memo though and he isn't a guy to give up when he sees something he wants. He's young, but already is extremely successful, having started his own business from scratch and built it into an empire. He's not a guy that takes "no" for an answer and he wants Nicole. I liked him. He, flat out, is just a great guy who would be an amazing catch, no matter what his age. He's sweet and romantic. He hears Nicole's concerns, but knows that if they can just spend some time together that he can convince her to come around to his way of thinking.

There were lots of moments in this book that I found felt really true. As a forty-something female, I could relate to a lot of Nicole's issues. For the last six years, she has focused her life around her son, Josh. For the first time in her life, he's not there to distract her and to give her a focus. Suddenly she has to find out who she is again and where her interests lie. She's lost that over the last few years. So while this is a romantic story, there is also a great lesson about a woman finding importance in herself again. I really liked it. I really liked the characters, especially Nicole and Wil. I loved Nicole's circle of friends....definitely a group of characters and their antics, and side romantic stories kept me giggling. Overall this was just a great read. An unusual romance, but one that I truly enjoyed.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.


1 comment:

Tiffany N. York said...

Thanks so much for the great review. What a surprise to find it right on my release date.

And can I just tell you Judith McNaught is my all-time fav. Paradise is what got me hooked on romances and I swear, I've reread it at least thirty times!