Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione


Title:  Rogue Rider
Author: Larissa Ione
My Rating: A+


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Lords of Deliverance #4
Main Characters: Reseph and Jillian
Release Date: November 2012
ISBN: 9780446574488
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
The prophecies were there but no one listened. Until now. They are the Lords of Deliverance and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride.

Jillian Cardiff came to this remote mountain town to forget the demon attack that almost killed her. Instead, she rescues - and falls for - a gorgeous stranger who has no memory of anything other than his name. Handsome, charming and protective, Reseph seems like the kind of man that Jillian can trust. But with hints of a troubling history of his own, he's also the kind of man that can be very dangerous . . .

Reseph may not know his background, or why he mysteriously appeared in Jillian's life, but he knows he wants to stay. Yet when Jillian's neighbours are killed and demon hunters arrive on the scene, Reseph fears that he's putting Jillian in danger. And once it's revealed that Reseph is also Pestilence, the Horseman responsible for ravaging the world with death and destruction, he and Jillian must face the greatest challenge of all: can they forget the horrors of a chilling past to save the future they both desire?


My Review:
I know that I've said it before, but I probably will say it every time after I read a Larissa Ione book. She is the most amazing story teller of our generation. This book was brilliant!! OMG, I never thought that I would be able to fall in love with Reseph the way that I did while reading this book after everything that he did as Pestilence over the last three books. But I completely and totally did fall in love with him.  I swear....pure writing brilliance!!!

You all know that I am a sucker for a good tortured hero, and you don't get more tortured than Reseph. For the past year, he has done every bad thing possible as the deliverer of the apocalypse. Even though he spends the first half of the book without his memory, he senses that he wasn't necessarily a good guy. But that doesn't keep him from totally falling for Jillian, the woman who found him naked and unconscious in the snow. He may not have any memory, but he has a good "sense" for things and he knows that what he's feeling for her is the first time he's ever felt like this in his 5000 year old life (although at the time, he has no idea that he's lived for that long.)

And when he gets his memory back...OMG, I literally just ached for him. Then there's Jillian. She was attacked way early in the apocalypse by a hoard of soul-shredder demons. When the truth comes out about that attack...*sob*....my god, she's a strong woman to still do what she needs to do. I really liked her character simply because she doesn't realize how strong she really is...and she is so strong. Over and over she has to stand up for herself and for Reseph and for what's right and she does so with amazing strength, even when she's dying inside. I loved her character.

This was another one of those books with amazingly deep layers of story and there was so much to this one which I adored. EVERYTHING about the story lines with Reaver and Harvester, I loved. I want more and CANNOT WAIT for Reaver's story...next in the series. I really liked the emotional upheaval among the other horsemen, Reseph's siblings. It took them so long to finally accept that there was no saving him, and now they are faced with having to forgive him when they'd finally written him off. It's a bad situation for all of them.

BTW, I find it really humorous that in the intro scene with Jillian she is cursing the weatherman. Knowing Larissa's history in meteorology, I thought this was really fun.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.


1 comment:

Rosalie Lario said...

Awesome. I'm so excited to read this book. Love Larissa's stuff!