Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Double Time by Olivia Cunning



Title:   Double Time
AuthorOlivia Cunning
My Rating:
 A+

Genre: erotic romance
Series: Sinners on Tour #3
Main Characters: Trey and Reagan and Ethan
Release Date: November 2012
ISBN
9781402271519
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Olivia Cunning delivers the perfect blend of steamy sex, heartwarming romance, and a wicked sense of humor in this menage story featuring the hottest guy in the Sinners band.
Trey Mills, the notoriously sexy Sinners rhythm guitarist, gives up his bisexual lifestyle and is swept into a hot, heady romance with Reagan Elliot, a female rock star sensation. But when Trey encounters Reagan's sexy bisexual roommate, Ethan Conner, he can no longer deny who he is or what he wants. Reagan heartily agrees to a solution that opens up a hot new world of sexual experience—and love—with the two men she wants the most.

My Review:
I'll admit it. I was worried about this book. I know there have been issues with its release (and from what I understand those issues are publisher's issues, not the author's). The issues are to the point that this is book #5 in the series .... books 3 & 4 have happened within the story line of this book, but they haven't been released for us to read. I know...wtf?? That's why I was worried. I love the Sinners books and had such high expectations for this one. I really didn't want to be disappointed. *insert fangirl shrieking here* There is NO DISAPPOINTMENT! This book was so freaking good!!! Honestly, I think I loved this one just as much as Backstage Pass (and since BP was on my top 10 list for 2011, that's saying something.)

This is Trey's book. We have known from the very beginning of book #1 that Trey is hopelessly in love with lead guitarist Brian. They have been best friends forever and have even been intimate a couple of times...a long, long time ago. Trey is bi-sexual, but Brian is not, so there's no hope for him there. Besides Brian is hopelessly in love with his wife Myrna. The beginning of this book starts with the birth of Brian and Myrna's baby and finally Trey gets it through his thick head that he has no chance with Brian...ever. He's got to move on. Yes, how can you not fall in love with Trey? He's a romantic who loves Brian with all his heart which makes him have this huge vulnerable hurt side. *sigh* 

Immediately after the realization that he has to move on, he heads over to his brother Dare's house where Dare's rock group, Exodus End has guitarists trying out to take over for one of their players who has carpal tunnel. That's where he meets Reagan. Gorgeous, sexy, completely down-to-earth Reagan who plays guitar EXACTLY like Brian. Trey is immediately enthralled and in lust! Can I gush a bit here and talk about just how much I loved Reagan's character?? She is seriously going all fan-girl about all these guys. These are her idols, but she doesn't let it show. She harasses them over every little thing. She can hold her own....with all of them, but especially Trey. It's immediate that they have a special type of chemistry.

The problem is that Reagan had her heart broken by the love of her life, Ethan, when she caught him cheating on her with a guy. That's just not something she can handle, so Trey hides the fact that he's bisexual. Note: this guy is a rock star. He's not used to denying himself in any way, shape, or form sexually. And going without guys is definitely not good for him, especially since Ethan is still around. He's Reagan's roommate, best friend, and body guard...and he's so darn tempting for Trey.

There was something about the dynamic here that worked so darn well. The book was so good....while still remaining incredibly hot. Trey and Reagan quickly move into a committed relationship and then things move with Ethan much more slowly. I loved that Trey absolutely put Reagan's needs first. He's determined he will not be the one to break her heart.

Then there's Ethan. He's stayed Reagan's best friend ever since their breakup...loving her from afar. She has no idea that he's bisexual. He's been keeping the jerks from her by being her roommate, but he finds that he can't chase Trey off and then he discovers that he really doesn't want to. *sigh* He's a Dom and he's an alpha and I loved it when he got bossy, but it was just as hot, if not even hotter, when Trey got bossy with him. *fans self* Did I mention this book is HOT???

I really hope that we still get to read Jace and Eric's stories. From the glimpses of them with their significant others in this book, I want their stories even more. I also hope the follow-up series for Exodus End is still coming. I love all these guys and never want the books to stop. Olivia Cunning, I am your fangirl! I love your writing and these awesome bad-boy rock stars!!! I will most definitely be buying this one in print for my keeper shelf when it comes out.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: