Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Temptation's Touch by Cheryl Pierson

Title: Temptation's Touch
Author: Cheryl Pierson
My RatingB

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: -
Main Characters: Kendi and Jack
Release Date: October 2012
ISBN: 978-1612175645
Publisher: Wild Rose Press
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: spicy


Story Overview:
Two broken hearts find a second chance at love, but only if they manage to survive-- When Kendi Morgan witnesses an attempted murder near her home one night, she makes the only choice possible: help the victim. But bringing the handsome stranger into her home traps her in the middle of a deadly drug war. Wounded DEA agent Jackson Taylor is a man with nothing to lose and nothing to fear--until he falls for a beautiful woman who risked everything to save his life. With his sting operation gone awry, Jackson realizes he is all that stands between Kendi and a powerful drug lord seeking revenge. Can their newfound love survive? Or will Jackson sacrifice his partner's life and his own in exchange for Kendi's safety and their future together?

My Review:
For the first 35-45% of this book, I was absolutely in love with it. I loved the two characters and I am always a sucker for an alpha wounded hero. Note: Jack played that part brilliantly. And normally, I can put aside a bit of the believability factor for the sake of a good read. I was doing fine in this book, but there was a single point in the book where the amount of time that had passed was mentioned. First, that surprised me because I'd just assumed we were a couple days into the story. Second, it made me start to question the story/believability when less than 24 hours had passed. That single mention was enough to almost ruin this book for me, which I hate because up to that point, I was fully involved and loving it. I need to clarify this here too....I did enjoy the rest of the book. It just wasn't with the same fervor I had before and I did question the little things more after that point.

No spoilers, but.... There was a single surprise in the second half which I absolutely loved. I honestly did not see that coming and it was a good twist. 

Even with my issues that I talked about in the first paragraph, this was an entertaining read. Like I said, I love it when the hero is wounded and vulnerable. Jack most definitely qualifies after having been tortured for three days, but he still keeps his pure alpha-ness with how he's constantly trying to protect Kendi. Kendi is one tough chick. If she wasn't, she never would have seen Jack's "murder". She doesn't think twice about pulling out a gun to defend what's hers. I liked that about her.

It wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable. I'd definitely read this author again.

I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: