Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Angel by Tiffany Reisz

Title:   The Angel
Author: Tiffany Reisz
My Rating: A+


Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: The Original Sinners #2
Main Characters: Nora, Soren, Griffin, Michael, Wesley
Release Date:  September 2012

ISBN978-0778313991


Publisher: Harlequin Mira
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic





Story Overview:


No safe word can protect the heart...

Infamous erotica author and accomplished dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. While her longtime lover, Søren–whose fetishes, if exposed, would be his ruin–is under scrutiny pending a major promotion, Nora’s lying low and away from temptation in the lap of luxury.

Her host, the wealthy and uninhibited Griffin Fiske, is thrilled to have Nora stay at his country estate, especially once he meets her traveling companion. Young, inexperienced and angelically beautiful, Michael has become Nora’s protégé, and this summer with Griffin is going to be his training, where the hazing never ends.

But while her flesh is willing, Nora’s mind is wandering. To thoughts of Søren, her master, under investigation by a journalist with an ax to grind. And to another man from Nora’s past, whose hold on her is less bruising, but whose secrets are no less painful. It’s a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts.


My Review:


I adored the first book in this series, but it was a flawed love. The first book was so incredibly good, but it was painful to read and it definitely left me with a reading hangover. Immediately after finishing book #1, I declared that I probably wouldn't read any more from this series. It was too intense. Too painful. Too doubtful that these characters could overcome everything. But when book #2 came out, alas temptation proved too great and I immediately snatched it up, hoping for more. More movement towards a Happily Ever After for these horribly emotionally scarred characters that I have come to love. 


Book #2 delivered and it delivered brilliantly. I could not put this book down and read it till 3:00 in the morning to finish it. But it did something that book #1 didn't...it left me a feeling of hope and now I can't wait for Book #3 (which will probably shatter that hope again...LOL!)


So where do I go with this review to explain how much you too NEED to be drawn into this incredibly complex, deviant world that Tiffany Reisz has created? The first thing that you need to know is that these books are unlike anything you've ever read before. There absolutely are aspects to them which will make you INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. But honestly, that's one of those things that makes the writing in these books so brilliant...You fall in love with these characters...all of them, even though sometimes the details of their lives are not so pretty...both past and present.


OMG, I even loved Soren after this book and I NEVER would have guessed that was possible after book #1. He was the only character that I truly disliked after the first book and a lot of the reason that I was left with such an unsettled feeling after that book. Nora is devoted to him and that will never change...although I will admit, I want it to. Honestly, I want her to end up with the other character in the book. Regardless, I adore Nora's character. She's witty, smart and so in-your-face honest...about absolutely everything. She's completely irreverent, but totally loyal to those she loves. She is self-sacrificing and my heart just aches for her and what she really wants...even though she thinks it's better for those she loves for her not to get it. Hope...it's there and why I NEED book #3.


The Happily Ever After that DID happen in this book was brilliant. OMG, I LOVED the love story in this one. It developed so perfectly with just enough sweetness and devotion and true love. *sigh* It was just brilliant. Again, I LOVE Tiffany's writing style. These books are just so damn smart!!


I know that this review is vague, but I don't want to give away anything in these books. The story lines weave in and out and all around and you never know what's going to happen around the next corner. I don't want to spoil any of that for you. Just know, if you love erotica, these are absolutely some of the BEST erotica books I've ever read. You NEED them in your to-be-read pile!!!


(BTW, the scene depicted in that gorgeous cover...absolutely the SWEETEST scene in the entire book. *sigh* LOVE!!! You'll understand once you read it.)


I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

1 comment:

Book Savvy Babe said...

I keep hearing about this series, I REALLY need to get to it one of these days. Great review, now I really really want to read the cover scene :) Book Savvy Babe