Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quinn by R.C. Ryan

Title:  Quinn
Author:  R.C. Ryan
My Rating: C 

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Wyoming Skies #1
Main Characters: Quinn and Cheyenne
Release Date: March 2012
ISBN: 978-1455502455
Publisher: Grand Central- Forever
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: mild


Story Overview:
The Truth Can Be an Irresistible Temptation . . . 

As a young boy, Quinn Conway was shattered by his mother's mysterious disappearance. Today, as the oldest of the Conway brothers, his only concern is protecting his family and their ranch. One look at beautiful, strong-willed Cheyenne O'Brien tells him she's also no stranger to tragedy. A series of increasingly dangerous "accidents" are plaguing her and her land, and Quinn can't stand idly by while a woman is in danger. 

Fiercely independent, Cheyenne isn't one to lean on others, yet she can't deny her attraction to the rugged rancher offering help. Soon, the passion building between them proves as wild and untamed as the land she loves-and just as impossible to resist. But a relentless enemy is about to make one final devastating move. To survive, Quinn and Cheyenne must put their cherished freedom-and their hearts-at risk . . .

My Review:
I'm just going to do a quickie review on this one. This book just didn't quite do it for me. The book is written well...definitely no issues there. I just had a hard time connecting with the characters. Also, I knew right away who the bad guy was going to be so I couldn't even hang onto that to keep me engaged in the story. I have an ARC for the next book in the series, so I am not giving up on the series yet, but this may just be a case that this isn't an author I enjoy. We'll see. I do enjoy the three brothers and all the characters from the Conway ranch, so I still have high hopes for Josh, the next book in the series.

1 comment:

Ashley Montgomery said...

I'm a sucker for western romances. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you hoped. I'll be adding it to my list to check out. Thanks for the review.

Ashley @ Dr. Pepper Diva