Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Rides Trouble by Julie Ann Walker

Title: In Rides Trouble
Author: Julie Ann Walker
My Rating: B+


Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Black Knights Inc. #2
Main Characters: Frank and Becky
Release Date: September 2012


ISBN: 978-1402267161


Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Rebel with a Cause

Becky "Rebel" Reichert never actually goes looking for trouble. It just has a tendency to find her. Like the day Frank Knight showed up at her door, wanting to use her motorcycle shop as a cover for his elite special ops team. But Becky prides herself on being able to hang with the big boys-she can weld, drive, and shoot just as well as any of them.

Man with a Mission

Munitions, missiles, and mayhem are Frank's way of life. The last thing the ex-SEAL wants is for one brash blonde to come within fifty feet of anything that goes boom. Yet it's just his rotten luck when she ends up in a hostage situation at sea. Come hell or high water, he will get her back-whether she says she needs him or not.


My Review:
B+ 


I really like this series. While I don't think this book had as much excitement to it as the first in the series did, I still really enjoyed it. We got a really good glimpse of the antagonistic (i.e. sexually frustrated) relationship between Frank and Becky in the first book so I was really excited to read this book. 


Black Knights Inc. run through a custom motorcycle shop as their cover. Becky is the heart and talent of that shop. She never met an engine she couldn't make better. BTW, I missed seeing her get her hands dirty in this book. In book one, she was working on a helo, a Porsche, and the bikes and I LOVED that about her character. She also really wants to be an operator to be more included with the Knights, but simply the thought of her in danger is an absolute NO-GO for Frank, who's in charge of the Knights.


It's no secret that Becky has been crushing on Frank. He feels an equal pull to her, but he's 39 and she's 26 and he thinks that's too much of a difference especially after growing up with a philandering father who constantly preyed on younger women. He refuses to give into temptation no matter how badly he wants it and he does want it bad. The absolute best thing about this book were the insights into his mind. This poor guy is so tortured, but he has a sarcastic mental wit about it that I just loved.


Like I said on my review of the first book. I love the premise of this series. That hasn't changed. I love these guys with their dangerous missions, sexy motorcycles, and bad-boy images. I can't wait for more to come....


I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I bought this book today :) I loved Frank in the first book! I think Becky is a good fit for him, she has spunk!