Saturday, September 22, 2012

Five Days Grace by Teresa Hill

Title:  Five Days Grace
Author: Teresa Hill
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: The McRae's #4


Main Characters:Grace and Aidan

Release Date: September 2012

ISBN: e-book
Publisher: ePublishing Works 
Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Wounded Navel Intelligence Officer Aidan Shaw is at the lowest point in his life, hiding away in a friend's cabin on a remote Ohio lake.Then, the most beautiful woman he's ever seen breaks in.

As Aidan holds Grace McRae at gunpoint, she disarms him with her kindness and concern. Aidan soon realizes the only thing he has to fear from Grace is losing his heart.

Grace has already made one dreadful mistake: falling for the wrong man. She isn't sure she can survive another. But Aidan is a true hero—tough, honorable and incredibly brave.

Still, Aidan is also determined to do the right thing—including walking away from Grace if he can't be the man she deserves.


My Review:
This is my first book that I've ever read by Teresa Hill, but I promise you, it won't be my last. *gah* This book was so good. If you have a thing for injured, vulnerable alpha heroes, you need to pick this one up! I promise you won't regret it.

This is book #4 in this series, but you absolutely don't have to have read the other books. I haven't and still LOVED this book. This book is about Grace. The baby of the family. The perfect beauty. The child with the charmed life. The one who made it to adulthood unscathed (unlike her siblings or parents). But you learn immediately that things have changed for Grace and she's struggling to maintain the facade that she's okay. Her husband of three years died in a car accident and she found out after the fact that their perfect marriage, wasn't. He was having an affair. But she's kept that knowledge to herself...how can you turn the world's idea of a man against him after he's dead, but that leaves her with all these feelings of hurt and anger with no way to vent them. And that's how she's finds herself escaping to the family cabin where no one wants to go. She just needs five days to herself to regroup. 

But instead she finds Aidan. He's holed up in the cabin to recuperate from life threatening injuries he sustained while in Afghanistan. He's not in very good shape either physically or mentally. *sigh* I do so really love a wounded hero and Aidan absolutely was one of the sexiest I've ever read...LOVED HIM! I especially loved the fact that he kept kicking himself over the fact that he meets Grace now, when he knows that he's not at his best...in fact, he's about as bad off as he can be. He's suffering from PTSD, continues to reopen his wounds from his rebuilt pelvis, is not sure he'll ever have sex again, and just is pretty much numb to life. I also really ADORED the little scenes with his brother Tommy. Tommy met Grace once and fell instantly in love with her (the kind where he's really just totally infatuated with her beauty.) Tommy's quips about Aidan and his luck with women especially considering his physical condition were fabulous. They kept me giggling.

In fact the entire book kept me giggling. Neither one of these main characters are really in a good place mentally. That could make for really depressing reading, but Teresa Hill wove the story and the characters in such a way that you couldn't help but root for them. I loved Aidan's snarky inner-monologues. I loved Tink, the dog, and the full-blown character he brought to the story. 

Overall it was really just a fantastic read. I loved the characters and I adored the story line...emotional and fun. This book gave me the perfect amounts of humor, emotion, and romance to make a wonderful book which will definitely be vying for a spot in my Top Reads of 2012.

I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: