Monday, September 3, 2012

Divide & Conquer by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux

Title:  Divide & Conquer
Author: Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux
My Rating: A

Genre: Romantic Suspense (m/m)
Series: Cut & Run #4
Main Characters: Zane & Ty
Release Date: October 2011
ISBN978-1615817153
Publisher: Dreamspinner
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Baltimore, Maryland, is a city in alarming distress. Rising violence is fanning the flames of public outrage, and all law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are catching blame. Thus the FBI’s latest ideas to improve public relations: a municipal softball league and workshops for community leaders. But the new commitments just mean more time Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have to spend apart when they’re happily exploring how to be more than by-the-book partners.

Then the latest spate of crime explodes in their faces—literally—throwing the city, the Bureau, and Ty and Zane’s volatile partnership both in and out of the office into chaos. They’re hip-deep in trouble, trying to track down bombers and bank robbers in the dark with very few clues, and the only way to reach the light at the end of the tunnel together requires Ty and Zane to close their eyes and trust each other to the fiery end.

My Review:
I made a mistake here. I didn't write this review immediately after reading this book...instead I jumped into Warrior's Cross then Book #5....I think you will understand and forgive me for that if I tell you that this book ends on an awful cliffhanger and I couldn't wait to see where Ty & Zane were going next. 

Because honestly, Ty & Zane go through the wringer in this book...OMG, I was ready to curl up into a little ball and cry after finishing this one. 

There are moments in this book between Ty & Zane that make you want to weep with the emotion in them, but there are others that just make you want to hit something. I could tell you about Zane's blindness in this one that changes everyone's perceptions. *gah* I wanted to hug Zane and wanted to slug Ty many times here. But then there is the dance scene which makes me misty just thinking about it. I could tell you about Ty's friend Nick who comes for a visit and the scenes here that made me feel literally sick. Then there's the scene in the crypt which just made me want to hug Ty. 

This absolutely is a book which built my heart up and then broke it...over and over again. (What is it about book #4's in series???)

This is a book which brings Ty and Zane together more, but you actually see them apart more than you have in any of the other books. You get to see more insight into their psyche's and what they are going through and I liked that. 

I love these guys, but sometimes they are just such idiots when it comes to each other. But regardless, I adore these books. I adore these characters. I adore how messed up they are as individuals, but how good they are together. These are the perfect romantic characters...they are so much better together than they are apart. They make each other become better people and their passion is a beautiful extension of that. *sigh* Ty and Zane....

No comments: