Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Call Me Wild by Robin Kaye

Title: Call Me Wild
Author: Robin Kaye
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Domestic Gods Gone Wild #2
Main Characters: Fisher and Jessie

Release Date: August 2012
ISBN: 9781402257339
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot



Story Overview:

She doesn't know a single thing about relationships...
Unemployed sportswriter Jessie James plans to make a killing writing a bestselling romance novel. She's never read one, but really, how hard can it be? Moving cross–country to a borrowed house in Idaho, Jessie starts her research with the first gorgeous guy she runs into...
Luckily, he knows everything...
Sports doctor Fisher Kincaid notices Jessie right away—the transplanted Easterner sticks out like a sore thumb in the small town. When he discovers she's researching attraction and romance, he graciously offers himself as a test subject. That's when everything starts to go wrong, and they both find out how much they need a few good lessons in love...

My Review:
I really like Robin Kaye's books.....hello, all her heroes love to cook and clean...and they're gorgeous and sexy. What's not to love??

In this book, the hero is Fisher (twin brother to Hunter which we met in Wild Thing). Fisher is a flirt who loves his coffee, health nut, orthopedic doctor, and neat freak. The first day Jessie is in Boise, they run into each other 3 times. Fisher is intrigued. Jessie thinks he's a stalker....albeit a good-looking one, but a stalker nonetheless. 

Jessie just got laid off her job as sports reporter for the NYTimes and has transplanted to Boise to write a book, borrowing her friend Andrew's house. Jessie is 6 ft. tall, extremely athletic, and doesn't believe that love actually exists...even though she's writing a romance novel. As she gets to know Fisher, she changes her definition of him from stalker, to bum who lives with his mother....hehe! I loved that she didn't even realize he was a doctor until really deep into the story. 

This is a really fun book. From the opening scene where she made fun of the pro baseball player's junk in the locker room, I knew that I was going to like Jessie. She's tough and hard-headed and honestly can't see what's right in front of her face, but she's still a likable characters. And it's a given that I loved Fisher...OMG, I love that he's set out to romance Jessie just to prove to her that love exists. My favorite scene of his....when he's standing up to his family when he can barely stand up at all trying to protect Jessie. My heart melted more than just a little. 

This is a great family whom we've gotten to know over the last several book. From meddling Grandpa Jo to Karma...they have great hearts even if they usually get it all wrong. I can't wait for Karma and Trapper's stories. I am also hoping that we will get to see an HEA for Jessie's friend Andrew. My heart melted a tiny bit for him too. It's just a fabulous series!!!

I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review....but I will be buying a print copy for my keeper shelf when it's released!

1 comment:

Robin Kaye said...

Christi~ Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so thrilled you enjoyed Call Me Wild! Trapper's book is next and believe me, I'm thinking about Karma's too.

I also have a new series starting in December--Bad Boys of Red Hook. Hometown Girl will be released on e-book to introduce the series and Back To You: Bad Boys of Red Hook will be released 12/31 in print and ebook. They were a lot of fun to write and I'm thrilled to be able to write about my Domestic Gods and my Brooklyn Bad Boys. It's the best of both worlds!