Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Own the Dawn by M.L. Buchman



Title:  I Own the Dawn
Author: M.L. Buchman
My Rating: A



Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: The Night Stalkers #2
Main Characters: Archie and Kee
Release Date: August 2012
ISBN9781402258145
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: spicy

My Review:

OMG! I LOVE this series. I read the first book last year...you can see that review HERE...and was completely blown away by this author's voice. I had no idea if book #2 could live up to book #1, but it so totally did!! LOVE!!!

At the beginning of this book, I wasn't too sure. Kee is a tough, really strong gal. She's immediately guilty of judging Major Beale (heroine from bk #1) falsely just because she's female. But I quickly started changing my mind. Kee has come from awful circumstances, but despite that, she cares deeply when someone sneaks into her heart. In this book, the first person to sneak into her heart is Dalya...an eleven yo orphan they pick up and save on one of their missions. Kee is the gunner for this helicopter crew and she's darn good at her job.

Then there's Archie. He's Major Beale's co-pilot. They've worked together forever and he's the strategist on their missions. I like how unsure he is around women, but he gets really super-sexy when in the moment. His character completely and totally melted my heart. I love that when he and Kee fight, they don't even realize they aren't fighting about the same things. Neither one is sure about where they are or where they are headed. They are so wonderful together though and when you add Dalya into the picture...they are just magic. Without even realizing it, they form an amazing family unit.

Then there is all the military aspect to this book. AMAZING! I love the amount of detail in these books and am amazed by the fact that all those details never get to be too much. I am not a detail or mechanical gal, but the military facts in these books are written to simple perfection. TONS about the mission and the mechanics of the helicopters, but it's interwoven into the story so incredibly well. The suspense part of this book was particularly well done. I really loved every single bit of it. Just a fabulous book!!

I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.





Story Overview:

Name: Archibald Jeffrey Stevenson III
Rank: First Lieutenant, Dap Hawk Copilot
Mission: Strategy and execution of special ops maneuvers
Name: Kee Smith
Rank: Sergeant, Night Stalker Gunner and Sharpshooter
Mission: Whatever it takes to get the job done
You Wouldn't Think It Could Get Worse, Until It Does...
When a special mission slowly unravels, it is up to Kee and Archie to get their team out of an impossible situation with international implications. With her weaponry knowledge and his strategic thinking, plus the explosive attraction that puts them into exact synchrony, together they might just have a fighting chance.


1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I just literally bought this! I didn't know there was a first book--I will have to go pick it up!