Friday, August 24, 2012

College Boys by Daisy Harris


Title: College Boys
Author: Daisy Harris
My Rating: A



Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Men of Holsum College #1
Main Characters: Chris and Peter
Release Date: May 2012
ISBN: ebook
Publisher: Siren
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
When soccer star Chris Fischer moves next door to an openly gay classmate, he doesn't realize the wall between their rooms will be so thin he'll hear his neighbor's every move. But soon he and Peter become friends, and Chris is intrigued—imagining what happens on the other side of the wall. Active on the Queer Student Council, Peter Cohen wishes he wasn't so damn hot for his straight neighbor. He can't tell if Chris is flirting or in denial or what, but Chris's innocent overtures lure Peter into flirtation that throws his world into chaos. Peter doesn't want to date a closet case, but he desperately, passionately wants Chris. Soon Chris must choose whether to run away from his new feelings or embrace a relationship with the guy he loves. And Peter must decide if he can give his heart to a guy who hasn't yet figured it all out.

My Review:
Vanessa, the Jeep Diva, recommended this book to me after she read Frat Boy and Toppy based on my recommendation (yes, we have VERY similar book tastes!) I am so happy that she did because I loved this book and now have the next 3 books in this series sitting and waiting for me in my TBR pile.

This book is about Chris and Peter who live in the dorm at Holsum College. Chris's mother dies and he needs some privacy to get through his grief and moves into a single room. The problem with the single rooms, which Chris didn't realize, is that they used to be doubles that were simply split by a very thin piece of sheetrock. As a result, besides the fact that you can't see each other, you are basically in the same room with the guy beside you. In this case, the guy beside Chris is Peter. Peter is gay and out of the closet which Chris is completely fine with. They have a bit of a history from a camping trip which involved some subconscious spooning while asleep, but Chris is straight and cool with Peter.

I love the fact that these guys develop such a close friendship through the wall. They maintain their distance outside of their rooms, staying as acquaintances, but develop a great friendship when in the rooms. Chris is a bit torn...he's having physical reactions to Peter's voice that are completely unexpected and he's not quite sure what to do about them. As for Peter, he knows that Chris is straight and that his crush isn't going to develop into anything. I love the way that Daisy wrote this. There is a slow build-up which seems completely natural and right. Then in a single instance things start to change and it gets incredibly hot. LOVED this book!!! And I loved Peter and Chris. And I loved how it ended. Just gorgeous story telling and writing!

I like that Chris is confused about what's happening, but he never really goes to that homophobic place, although he definitely has moments where he worries about what others are thinking about him. To him, his friendships are worth more than others perceptions and I LOVED that about his character. Nathaniel was awesome in these parts of the book.

In this book, Peter's friend is Nathaniel, who is pretty flamboyant with his personality, but he had some moments with Chris that just melted my heart. Such a good friend to Peter and it made me anticipate his story all the more (his book is #2 in the series.) I'm excited about this series. Thank you so much Vanessa for telling me about it!!!


1 comment:

Vanessa theJeepDiva said...

So glad you liked it! I love Daisy. All of her books rock!