Monday, July 16, 2012

Murphy's Law by R.S. Emeline



Title:   Murphy's Law
Author: R.S. Emeline
My Rating: A-

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series:  #1
Main Characters: Lexi and Dane
Release Date:  July 2012
ISBN: ebook
Publisher: 
Sexual Intensity: spicy


Murphy’s Law
By  R.S. Emeline
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Purchase Link: smashwords 
Blurb/Book Description: 
Alexis MacGuire is just like other college students. She goes to class, eats pizza, and holds down a job. The difference is, her job could get her killed.

As the unluckiest member of a family of elite assassins, she spends her spare time jetting from one country to another neutralizing scum the government doesn’t want to be attached to--often in unconventional and unplanned ways.

When she receives an email exposing the secrets of her last job she enters into a game of cat and mouse with someone known only as the Hunter. With the help of her brother, her best friend, and an FBI agent who makes her heart skip beats, she must find the Hunter before he destroys everything and everyone she loves. 

My Review:

Romance, intrigue, mystery, and suspense...this book had it all in spades and I had so much fun reading it. Alexis works in the family business as an assassin although it most definitely is not her dream job. Her code name is Murphy because she has consistently bad luck when she goes out on a job. It sucks for her, but it makes for really entertaining reading.

She's been an assassin for several years and besides some really rotten luck, she's never had any real problems. But now a real problem has found her in the guise of a stalker...one who knows exactly who she is and what she does. As if that hasn't complicated her life enough, she has her own new obsession...her roommate's brother Dane, who just also happens to be an FBI agent.

There was so much I loved about Lexi's character. I love how her brain gets away from her around Dane and she says things that she plans to only think. I love how she KNOWS that she needs to stay far away from Dane, but can't resist him when he's near. Their chemistry is amazing.

Dane is a hot FBI agent. We got glimpses of him in his agent persona. If I had one wish for this book, I would have liked to have seen him in that Alpha mode a bit more when it came to Lexi's situation, but there are moments when *sigh* he was just so luscious and protective of her. I loved that.

I also really loved Lexi's brother, Van. I'm really hoping that this is going to be a series and we'll get to see him in his own book. He's a seriously sexy character. And I love that he's a twin with a whole mystery about what's happened with their other sister. Like I said, lots of intrigue in this book.

And let me just say...I was so wrong by who the bad guy was. I completely was sure that it was someone else in the book. I love it when I get it wrong like that. So fabulous! Just a great read. It definitely made for a great Sunday afternoon read!






Author Bio: 
R.S. Emeline grew up in the sogginess of Washington State where she nurtured her love of writing with dark teenage poetry. Today she spends her time in the perpetual dryness and sun of the California desert. She lives there with her husband, the Marine; her niece, the Artist; her daughter, the Munchkin; and two animals--King Furry and Mistress Meow-- who are the true rulers of the roost.
Author web links: 



No comments: