Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Big Sky Mountain by Linda Lael Miller

Title:  Big Sky Mountain
Author: Linda Lael Miller
My Rating: B-


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Big Sky #2
Main Characters: Hutch and Kendra
Release Date: July 2012
ISBN: 9780373776610
Publisher: Harlequin  
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy






Story Overview:
The "First Lady of the West," #1 New York Times bestselling author Linda Lael Miller, brings you to Parable, Montana-where love awaits.
With his rugged good looks, vast wealth and family name, hell-raiser Hutch Carmody is still the golden boy of Parable, Montana. But he's done some growing up-making peace with his illegitimate half brother and inheriting half of Whisper Creek Ranch, which should have been all his. These days, Hutch knows there are some things money can't buy: like the heart of loving, ladylike divorcé e Kendra Shepherd.
Kendra's quiet mansion reminds her of what she wants most-a devoted husband and the pitter-patter of little feet. She can't get Hutch Carmody out of her mind. But a rough-and-tumble cowboy like Hutch, coming home for family dinner? Seems crazy! Then again, crazier dreams have become reality under the vast Montana sky.

My Review:


Straight up...I enjoy reading Linda's books and never truly have an issue with them. Going into this book, I was looking forward to it, especially knowing bits and pieces of Kendra and Hutch's backstory from Book #1. I'll admit I'm a little bit disappointed because I felt like I never really connected with the characters in this book and I have no idea why. All the elements were there. The story was well-written, but I personally never developed an emotional attachment to them. I hate that...mainly because I really can't even pinpoint the "why" of it.


What I absolutely did love about this book was the further development of Slade and Hutch's relationship as brothers. I love watching them become closer. The story with Shea and the water-tower...such a great element to this story line...although I wish there had been a bit more between the two brothers after it happened.


There were some great moments between Hutch and Boone too. OMG, I cannot wait to read Boone's story. My heart aches for this widower with so many depression issues. I love that he's going to be paired up with Tara.


Although I personally didn't connect with this story as much as I normally do, I still really enjoyed reading it and definitely look forward to the next installment of this Parable, MT series. I think my issues with this book are mine alone. Because I can't even say what didn't work for me, I don't think it's going to be an issue for you. I still found the book entertaining because there is enough going on with this small town that the book doesn't rely on just the chemistry between Kendra and Hutch.
I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I liked book 2 more than book 1 :)