Saturday, June 16, 2012

Her Forbidden Hero by Laura Kaye

Title: Her Forbidden Hero
Author: Laura Kaye
My Rating: A


Genre: Contemporary Romance

Series: -
Main Characters: Marco and Alyssa
Release Date: May 2012
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
She’s always been off-limits...

Former Army Special Forces Sgt. Marco Vieri has never thought of Alyssa Scott as more than his best friend’s little sister, but her return home changes that…and challenges him to keep his war-borne demons at bay. Marco’s not the same person he was back when he protected Alyssa from her abusive father, and he’s not about to let her see the mess he’s become.

...but now she's all grown up.

When Alyssa takes a job at the bar where Marco works, her carefree smiles wreak havoc on his resolve to bury his feelings. How can he protect her when he can’t stop thinking about her in his bed? But Alyssa’s not looking for protection—not anymore. Now that she's back in his life, she’s determined to heal her forbidden hero, one touch at a time...

My Review:
Aw, I really do love me a wounded hero and you don't get many better than Marco. *sigh* He's former special forces who has come home after being injured on a mission. A mission he can't remember. A mission where three of his best friends died. A mission where they were following the intel he gathered. A mission that ruined his career in the special forces, the only job he's ever wanted to do. Yeah, this is a guy who's dealing with both physical and mental wounds from the experience. God, I really loved this book. 

Alyssa has just received her degree in Restaurant and Hotel Management and has returned home to try and land a job at Whiskey's, "the" bar in her hometown. This is a fabulous bar which helps to launch music careers and is filled with a fantastic cast of characters who quickly become her friends.

There wasn't a single thing about this book that I didn't love. I loved the story line....two best friends, Brady and Marco, who took care of Brady's little sister, Alyssa while she grew up. Finally both the guys joined the military when Alyssa grew up and both became special forces, working together. It's a total disregard to that friendship for Marco to make a move on Alyssa regardless of how attracted he is to her. Combine that to the fact that he knows he's not a whole person any longer, he knows she deserves better. Did I mention that I love this book?

There was so much about this book that I love:
*Marco's vulnerability- he's trying to be so strong, but the whole thing about his nightmares and how Alyssa helps...OMG...my favorite part of this book!!!
*everyone working at Whiskey's - LOVED Eric and Van and the whole crew at the bar and how they support and respond to Alyssa.
*Marco's automatic protective reaction to Alyssa.
*the lake scene-- OMG! this scene was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! I bookmarked it just so I could read and enjoy it again. Did I mention it's HOT???

This is really just a fabulous book. I *think* it may just make one of my top picks for the year!

No comments: