Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

Title:  Lethal Rider
Author: Larissa Ione
My Rating: A-


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Lords of Deliverance #3
Main Characters: Thanatos and Regan
Release Date: May 2012
ISBN: 978-0446574501
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.


Story Overview:
They're here.

They ride.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Born of a match between good and evil, four siblings stand between hell's minions and everything they want to destroy. They are the Lords of Deliverance, and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride . . . 

LETHAL RIDER

Thanatos, the most deadly Horseman of the Apocalypse, has endured thousands of years of celibacy to prevent the end of days. But just one night with the wickedly sexy Aegis Guardian, ReganCooper, shatters centuries of resolve. Yet their passion comes with a price. And Thanatos must face a truth more terrifying than an apocalypse-he's about to become a father.

Demon-slayer Regan Cooper never imagined herself the maternal type, but with the fate of the world hanging in the balance she had no choice but to seduce Thanatos and bear his child. Now, as the final battle draws closer and his rage at being betrayed is overshadowed by an undeniable passion for the mother of his child, Thanatos has a life-shattering realization: To save the world, he must sacrifice the only thing he's ever wanted-a family.


My Review:


This is another one of those books...taken by itself and ranked against just everything else that I read, it absolutely is an A or A+, but taken against all the other books in this series, it wasn't my favorite. That probably can be blamed on the fact the heroine was 8 1/2 months pregnant throughout the entire book so the normal chemistry and heat between the hero and heroine wasn't there. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely HEAT, but it's different in this book.


I just love this series. The creativity. The writing. The characters. It's all so well-done!!! This love story is the Third Horseman's, Thanatos, or Death. In the last novel, we saw him get basically raped by Regan, although there were extenuating circumstances. Since then, he's basically been kept in stasis and has no idea that she's pregnant with his baby...who has a monumental role in the Apocalypse. Because the baby is pivotal, everyone is after it. As for Regan, she has resolved to giving the baby away, knowing that will keep him safest. She knows that once Than is free, he is going to be livid and out for her blood and she accepts that she deserves that. She truly had feelings for Than and feels horribly guilty about what happened, although she wasn't in control of all her faculties during the event either.


There were certain aspects of this book that I loved...Regan's OCD and how she teaches Than some of her coping mechanisms. I loved his connection to the baby and how the baby protected her. The whole vampire thing was a HUGE surprise...I did not see that coming. The details about Than's tattoos and the way that all ended...really well-done!


As with all these books, there is a LOT happening here. The Apocalypse is right on the verge and the world is most definitely going to hell in the literal sense, so there is lots of scrambling going on. We get to see almost all the characters from both the Horsemen books and the Daemonica books, which was awesome...even though most of them are getting beaten into the ground at the time....not so good. It was still fun to see glimpses of them all.


I am so excited about Reseph's and Reaver's books coming up. Both their stories took some unexpected twists, although you knew something HUGE had to happen and I just can't wait to see where Larissa takes us next! Wherever she goes, I know I can count it's going to be a wild and extremely entertaining read!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I really liked this book. A lot. But I think it's funny how the heroine's OCD was one of the things that I didn't love. I know why it was there but I don't remember it from the last book so for me it came out of nowhere. But I did like how Than went with it. Typical of us lately I suppose: you enjoy something that I don't particularly like. LOL I loved Than though - how Death was almost soft at times. And I loved how he grew to forgive and not just one minute 'I hate you' then the next 'I love you'. It was well done.
Nice review Christi! :)