Saturday, March 10, 2012

Texas Two Step by Cynthia D'Alba

Title:  Texas Two Step
Author: Cynthia D'Alba
My Rating: B+



Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Texas Montgomery Mavericks #1
Main Characters: Olivia & Mitch
Release Date: February 2012
ISBN: 9781609286323
Publisher: Samhain

Links to Purchase:
Amazon  

Sexual Intensity: Hot


Story Overview:
Their love never died, but her secrets could break his trust beyond repair.

Texas Montgomery Mavericks, Book 1

After six years and too much self-recrimination, rancher Mitch Landry is ready to admit he was wrong. He’d loved Olivia Montgomery but commitment wasn’t high on his list back then. That was his first mistake. He’s just divorced his second, and he’s set to do whatever it takes to convince Olivia to give him another try.

Through hard work, determination and more than a few tears, Olivia survived the break-up with Mitch. She’s rebuilt her life around her business and the son she loves more than life itself. She’s not proud of the mistakes she’s made—particularly the secrets she’s kept—but when life hands you manure, you use it to make something better of yourself…lest you get stuck in it.

At a hot, muggy Dallas wedding, they reconnect. Olivia’s first instinct is to play it cool, but after one devastating kiss things flare real out of control, real fast. Maybe a quick roll in the hay will get him out of her system once and for all. Funny thing about hay though, once it’s tangled in your hair, getting it out risks revealing things that were never meant to see the light of day.
Product Warnings

Contains hot sex, a vindictive ex-wife, and hot chocolate chip cookies.

My Review:

I really enjoyed this book. The basic story line was not anything new, but I thought Cynthia D'Alba wrote it really well. I loved Olivia's character. She has every reason to be bitter and harsh with Mitch, but every time those feelings rise up, she steps back to take a look at things from his point of view. I loved that about her and that aspect of her personality really made this book for me.

This book is about two people who were desperately in love, but then they got caught up in circumstances beyond their control and were swept up in actions and events which turned out to be mistakes. Now they are having to learn and recover from those mistakes (both of them.)

One of the things that made this book so good was the huge supporting cast of characters. It seems like the rest of this series is going to work around Olivia's brothers, but I hope we get to see some more of some of the other characters from this book.

*Drake- Olivia's ex-husband who is more like a brother, but he stepped up to help when she found out she was pregnant and so devastated by Mitch's break-up and subsequent marriage that she didn't know how to function.

*Magda- Mitch's 22 yo, tattooed housekeeper...LOVED her and REALLY hoping that we get to see more of her and Drake...there was definitely a certain chemistry between the two of them... and Magda's story is really intriguing and would make for a great romance. *crossing my fingers*

*Mitch's parents- they knew Olivia's secret and kept it for her against their will, but they still offered a great support system for Olivia. I loved that about them.

Those were the characters who really made an impact on the story for me. In the periphery were Olivia's brothers although we didn't see a whole lot of them in this book. It sounds like they all have very unique stories.

Overall this was a fun afternoon's read and I am so glad that I listened to the devil on my shoulder urging me to push that one-push-buy button and made this impulse buy.

1 comment:

Michelle Kelly said...

Well I have to say as I was scrolling through my blog roll on recent posts for blogs I follow, I certainly had to come and visit when I saw that cover.
Very nice! Great review.