Monday, March 26, 2012

Savor the Danger by Lori Foster



Title:  Savor the Danger
Author: Lori Foster
My Rating: B+

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor #3
Main Characters: Jackson and Alani
Release Date: June 2011
ISBN9780373775828
Publisher: Harlequin

Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
She may be aloof, and more pretty than gorgeous, but Alani Rivers is the kind of woman a hot-blooded mercenary can't forget, no matter how hard he tries. So when Jackson Savor wakes up next to the naked, sleeping beauty—with no memory of what happened— he knows he's been drugged…even if Alani doesn't.
After she was kidnapped, Alani vowed never to trust another man again. Still, something about this strong, sexy hero with the tender touch makes her want to believe him. As Jackson hunts down a mysterious intruder, he swears he'll move heaven and earth to keep Alani safe. But what really happened that night? And will the truth bring them closer than they ever thought possible—or put Alani squarely in harm's way again?

My Review:


Whooohooo! This series is back on track for me. It's no secret that I wasn't a big fan of book #2 in this series, and as a result this book has sat in my TBR pile forever. But book#4, A Perfect Storm, is coming so I knew that it was time to catch up. I can easily say that I once again am in love with this series. This book was great!


I think that I can honestly say that this book had one of the most fabulous beginnings ever. The first chapter sends you flying into the story and the sexual chemistry between Jackson and Alani  and it never lets off again. Wow, these two have chemistry. Jackson has lusted after Alani forever, so you can imagine his surprise when he wakes up to find her naked in his bed, obviously sexually satisfied, and he has absolutely NO RECOLLECTION of it at all. Add to the fact that he feels violently ill and now Alani is ticked, his day is definitely not off to the best start.


I loved both of these characters. Jackson is an unapologetic player. He likes sex...a lot and he's good at it so he sees no harm in having it a lot. He exudes sex and confidence and pure male sexiness that makes every woman swoon, including Alani, but up till now she has put him off. The bad thing is, he has no idea how he managed to get her into bed, or even if he made it good for her. It's driving him nuts along with the never-ending erection in hopes of getting her there again soon....so that maybe this time he will remember.


Alani is tough and smart. She's been through a lot and she understands how these guys work. I loved the way that she would let Jackson do his job without interference. She trusts his skills and knows that he will do everything in his power to protect her. At the same time, she is absolutely her own independent person.


Of course, this book featured the whole team who we've met in the other books. Dare & Molly, Priss & Trace, Chris...plus a couple of new ones, Arizona and Spencer. I have to admit, I am really excited about Arizona and Spencer's story. You can already see that they are going to be combustible together...in only the best way.


There was a decent suspense story line, although I felt like it was almost more of a background story in this book. For some reason, I never felt that Alani or Jackson were ever were in any real danger, so that probably affected my enjoyment of that side of the story. It definitely never left me feeling on the edge. I was surprised about Arizona's part in the suspense though.


Overall, it was a fun and entertaining read and I am ready to jump into reading book #4 in this series.

3 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

On my agenda this week :)

I am dying to know more about Arizona!

Mariana Pereira Bezerra said...

I still need to pick this series up, already on the TBR. #4 is on NetGalley already if it makes you happy. ;)

Christi Snow said...

I know! ;o) And it's already been read....shhh, I'll tell you a secret...#4 is my favorite in the series so far!