Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kidnapped by the Greek Billionaire by Rachel Lyndhurst

Title:  Kidnapped by the Greek Billionaire
Author: Rachel Lyndhurst
My Rating: C

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Kizzy and Andreas
Release Date: February 2012
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: Entangled

Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: spicy


I received a  copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.


Story Overview:
Kidnapped!

Or that’s what it feels like to Kizzy Dean when a business disagreement with arrogant Greek lawyer Andreas Lazarides leaves her no choice but to accompany him to the Greek Isle of Rhodes. It doesn’t help matters this sexy brooding stranger, who is unaccustomed to the word No and the very idea of commitment, shows her what it feels like to be truly desired.

Amidst the ancient myths and alleyways, tensions run high as Kizzy feels an immediate attraction for the man she wants to both ravage and strangle.

Accustomed to gold-digging women, Andreas is mesmerized by Kizzy’s feisty nature and Gypsy beauty. Guilt and sorrow have been his only bedfellows since his sister’s death, but Kizzy stirs up a desire he’s unwilling to succumb to... until she makes him an offer he simply can’t refuse.

My Review:

The Kidnapping: after months of harassing Andreas about a business decision that will leave Kizzy without a home or job, she finally tracks him down at the London Eye and ambushes him. He's afraid that she's going to spill the beans about his plans to demolish her beloved restaurant, so he "kidnaps" (i.e. insists she accompany him) to Greece. She has no time to pack, plan, or anything. Then when they arrive, somehow he keeps her passport and since she's there with no planning, she's stuck with him. It was a strange scenario which left me questioning several things, so I think the start threw me off this book from the very beginning.

Unfortunately, this is not a book that I connected with. I didn't understand these characters or why they acted the way they did. At times it was frustrating to me because they didn't act consistently or even with basic common sense. I just didn't understand why they did what they were doing over and over again. I was constantly shaking my head in wonder. I can only assume that I just didn't understand these characters because it seemed to me they were acting one way one minute and then turning around and acting the complete opposite the next. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the writing or the scene set-ups. For me, the issues that I found difficult in this book were entirely through the character development. Maybe this was an issue brought on by the fact that the characters were ones that I personally didn't connect to? I don't know. I just know that their actions were distracting to me and hurt my overall enjoyment of the story. 

But it wasn't all bad. The writing style was engaging and the author knew how to paint a picture with words. Most of the book takes place in Greece and was beautiful the way the scenes were written. I could picture every scene perfectly and was entranced by the beauty of it. I didn't connect with the characters, but that doesn't mean that you won't.

Leave a comment on any/all the Indulgence posts over the next three days and you could win one of these books.
One random winner will be able to choose a title from the 4 February releases.


No comments: