Sunday, March 11, 2012

How To Love Your Dragon by Lexxie Couper

Title:  How to Love Your Dragon
Author: Lexxie Couper
My Rating: A+



Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Series: Fire Mate #2
Main Characters: Rick and Kenna
Release Date: February 2012
ISBNe-book
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

I received a copy of this book from the author.


Story Overview:
Fire Mate, Book Two

Yorick "Rick" Hayes takes only two things seriously-his work as a veterinarian and the seduction of lovely ladies. He's unprepared for the lovely lady police officer who pulls him over for speeding, however. Inexplicable, overwhelming lust threatens to make him do something stupid-like try to seduce her on the side of the road. Throw in sudden flashes of past life memories and Rick is confused, monumentally horny and borderline obsessed with his sexy, no-nonsense cop.

For nearly half a century, Officer Kenna Mackay has denied her dragon side. Her twin sister was betrayed by her mate, and Kenna refuses to risk the same fate-until she makes eye contact with Rick. Her dragon awakens with a vengeance, the mating fire claiming both woman and beast. Hard. Hot. Unstoppable. And exquisitely arousing. The dragon wants her Fire Mate-now.

But history could repeat itself when that mate turns out to be a Druid; one who may have done something bad to dragon-kind in his past life. Something very, very bad indeed.


My Review:
I've had a hard time deciding how to write this review. Not because I didn't love the book. I absolutely do, but I may be unfairly biased about this book. You see, I've gotten to read this book several times, but most of them were before it was released. I was thrilled and shocked several months ago when Lexxie contacted me to read a book that she was in the process of writing...this book...and offer feedback. So yes, I may be a little biased because I love Rick & Kenna and how this book came together for Lexxie.


This is book #2 in the Fire Mates series. Book #1 was Ty the Sexy Dragon (and yes, I loved it just as much as I did this one!) These books take place in Australia and are about dragon shifters. In this world that Lexxie has created, dragon shifters recognize their fire mates immediately upon meeting. If they don't consummate that mating call within 12 hours of first coming in contact, bad things happen (dragon side taking over and doing really bad things in public.) But you can see how in our world today, this could be a little awkward, especially if one of those people didn't know anything about firemates or dragon shifters. This is the brilliance of Lexxie's writing....we are talking seriously sexy chemistry and tension in the midst of the craziness of the situation. She adds TONS of humor into these books and I constantly find myself either giggling for fanning myself. They are just incredibly well-done and written. They are so much fun to read.


In this one, Rick is the comic relief, because OMG, his humor just kills me. He's a laidback kind of guy normally, but the situation here is way out of his control and comfort zone. The internal thought processes that he goes through are nothing short of hilarious. He's also a vet with an interesting healing power that explains a lot of how he ends up as a Dragon shifters mate. If you like books about shifters, if you like erotic romance, if you like books with humor...you NEED to pick up this series. I don't think that you will be disappointed...at all. They are fun and sexy and just too much fun to read!!!


And psst, I will tell you a secret. Lexxie would send me passages that were unedited or proofed...and geez, this girl can write! I am talking perfection on the first pass!!! As someone trying to find my writing voice, it was really intimidating to see how well a real writer does it at the first pass...LOL! Oh, and if you read this book, be sure to look at the dedication page. ;o)


Thank you so much, Lexxie, for allowing me to be part of your writing process in this book. It was such a thrill and being able to read the book in its final form was amazing after seeing it in its before state. You rocked this story. LOVE Rick & Kenna!!!

2 comments:

Vanessa theJeepDiva said...

I added this to the to buy list last month. I think you just bumped it up on the list. Great review!

Julie said...

You talked to much about this book, and now that I've read your review I really must check it out. Great job! :)