Saturday, March 3, 2012

Darkness Dawns (audiobook) by Dianne Duvall


Title: Darkness Dawns
Author: Dianne Duvall
My Rating: A
Narrator: Kirsten Potter


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Immortal Guardians #1
Main Characters: Sarah & Roland
Release Date: July 2011
ISBNaudiobook
Publisher: Tantor Media 
Links to Purchase:
Amazon (audible edition)
Sexual Intensity: hot



Story Overview:
Once, Sarah Bingham's biggest challenge was making her students pay attention in class. Now, after rescuing a wounded stranger, she's landed in the middle of a battle between corrupt vampires and powerful immortals who also need blood to survive. Roland Warbrook is the most compelling man Sarah has ever laid hands on. But his desire for her is mingled with a hunger he can barely control...In his nine centuries of immortal existence, no woman has tempted Roland as much as Sarah. But asking her to love him is impossible-when it means forfeiting the world she's always known, and the life he would do anything to protect.


My Review:

Another fabulous audio book.
Another fabulous new series. 
Another author to obsess about.

I absolutely adored this book! The entire premise of the series is eerily familiar to Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series, but that didn't affect my enjoyment of this book one little iota. This book was absolutely fabulous. The bad thing when you become completely enthralled by an audiobook? You are committed to the hours and hours listening to it when you can't set it aside. Unlike a book that you read, this is a serious time commitment, but so freaking worth it.

From the moment Sarah finds Roland staked out in her pasture, I did not want to put this audiobook down...almost eleven hours and every single one of them were so good! I can't even pinpoint the precise thing that makes this book so good because all of it was. I loved Sarah and Roland together. Their chemistry is astounding. I loved that Roland really hates everyone, but is so different with Sarah. I especially loved everyone else's reaction in the book to his change...so funny!

Sarah and Roland's romance is so gorgeous and is somehow different from other romances. I don't even know if I can pinpoint how it was different, but it was and it was simply magic on the page.They truly seemed to bring out the best in each other. They were the perfect team. Everything about them was just perfectly synch'ed. It will be interesting to see if the author can create that kind of magic with other couples in the series too. I look forward to finding out if she can.

There is a huge cast of characters in this. 
**Seth- leader of the Immortals and the one who takes responsibility for them all. 
**Marcus- Immortal who is nursing heartbreak. His story killed me and I can't wait till his book (NEXT in series!)
**Ami- I NEED to know what they found out at the very end which was so shocking. I am dying for this story line.
**the other Immortals-- several were introduced in this book

I went to the bookstore tonight to find book #2...wanting to be able to read the next book in one sitting, but alas, they didn't have the second book. Instead, I have gotten it on audio from audible.com. It will be another 12 hour marathon, but if it's near as good as book #1 was, then it will be worth it.


1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I listened to them both on audiobook and loved them :) I am just waiting on book 3 LOL