Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux


Title:  Cut & Run
Author: Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux
My Rating: A

Genre: Romantic Suspense (m/m)
Series: Cut & Run #1
Main Characters: Zane & Ty
Release Date: September 2008
ISBN9781935192237
Publisher: Dreamspinner

Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
A series of murders in New York City has stymied the police and FBI alike, and they suspect the culprit is a single killer sending an indecipherable message. But when the two federal agents assigned to the investigation are taken out, the FBI takes a more personal interest in the case.

Special Agent Ty Grady is pulled out of undercover work after his case blows up in his face. He's cocky, abrasive, and indisputably the best at what he does. But when he's paired with Special Agent Zane Garrett, it's hate at first sight. Garrett is the perfect image of an agent: serious, sober, and focused, which makes their partnership a classic cliché: total opposites, good cop-bad cop, the odd couple. They both know immediately that their partnership will pose more of an obstacle than the lack of evidence left by the murderer.

Practically before their special assignment starts, the murderer strikes again – this time at them. Now on the run, trying to track down a man who has focused on killing his pursuers, Grady and Garrett will have to figure out how to work together before they become two more notches in the murderer's knife.





My Review:

How to explain this book? Honestly, there is so much wrong with the actual book...confusing, constantly changing POV's and completely impossible medical scenarios are the things that immediately come to mind.
But.
I.
Don't.
Care.
Because I completely and totally LOVED this book.

Ty & Zane...OMG, I have fallen in love with these two characters and it's not because they are such wonderful, upstanding guys. They aren't. They are completely messed up in the head....both of them.

I know...wtf?? Right? The book isn't written well. The main characters are incredibly flawed and should be totally unlikable...

BUT this book is so good because it all works. When Ty & Zane are partnered up, they HATE each other! Ty is the jaded agent who's been pushed too far in the job. Zane is the opposite...by the book, in his suit and tie, but what isn't immediately obvious is that he's also been pushed too far in the job and by life. Both of these guys are on the edge and, in their pursuit of a serial killer who has them in his sights, they are pushed completely over it.

Both characters have vulnerabilities and moments throughout this book which are just so heart-rending. You can't help but to fall in love with them... huge flaws and all. Even when they are pushing and snarking at each other, they have an incredible chemistry and dialogue which just works.  The chemistry between them is through the roof. I have to admit that I have a thing for wounded guys and throughout this book, one of these guys is CONSTANTLY hurt. Their care and gentleness with each other is just beautiful. The moments when they are most honest with each other is during these moments and they simply left me *sighing* over the beauty of their relationship. Neither one of them wants to admit what the other means to him, but they have these little moments when it is so obvious just how much they do care. That aspect of the book just made this a fabulous read for me.

I'll admit, I got completely sucked into this book at the disregard of everything else in my life. I so want to fall right into book #2, but I am trying to exert some self-control. I could easily see these books becoming my obsession for the next week and I just don't have time for that right now. Hehe. Right now the goal is to finish two other must-review books before I pick up the next one in this series. We'll see if I make it...

No comments: